Spare Me

Spare Me

A Poem by Dominik D. Rites
"

Participated in the nationwide walk out today and thought of this.

"
Someone whispered,
"Lights out!"
Here,
Sitting,
"Don't shout!",
Scared,
Plea,
"Spare,
Me!"

© 2018 Dominik D. Rites


Author's Note

Dominik D. Rites
My school was in a lockdown last year after someone called the police and threatened to shoot and bomb our school. We sat in the dark wondering if the worst could really happen, but luckily it didn't. A lot of students were left traumatized afterwards though since every sound coming from outside the classroom terrified us and it was dark and there were police and bomb squads everywhere. A lot of people, including myself, couldn't show up to school the next day due to fear and we all needed time to relax after such an intense day. To think that it has actually happened in other schools however, makes every lockdown drill even more terrifying and sad. It's a time where most of us tend to stay quiet and after last year, there has been much less fooling around. It's something that we take closer to heart now that we know what it's like to experience it for ourselves and all I can say is that it is very scary and it's not something that should ever happen again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on March 15, 2018
Last Updated on March 15, 2018
Tags: gun violence, walkout, sad, intense, scary, 12 words, short, poetry, poem

Author

Dominik D. Rites
Dominik D. Rites

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
I'm an English Literature major looking to share some of my work with the world and gain a bit of experience. I enjoy poetry, fiction, horror, drama, tragedy, essays, and many other genres. I'm hoping.. more..

Writing