Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Forgotten

Chapter 21

 

 

Morning had come; the noisy bustle came from the streets stirring all and one from their slumber. News had already come that Zealos had been slain and by what seemed to be a boy no less. The sun shone bright and clouds scattered across the sky. Rose looked up into the sky from the local tavern, Idril sat with her looking out the window enjoying the sun which had seem gone for so long.

“It feels like I haven’t seen the sun for years, but that’s just me being silly I guess” she spoke nervously.

“Not at all Rose” Idril spoke, “I understand exactly what you mean, the sun has seemed so distant from my gaze for so long that, it felt like years being locked away within that slumber” Rose turned to Idril and smiled at her. They both turned to Damion who had been led in bed for the best part of the morning.

“He must be exhausted after last night” Idril spoke, Rose nodded.

“I do hope that he’ll recover from the traumatic experience he suffered last night” she said with concern in her voice.

“You and me both” she replied. “Did you hear what has been done with the bodies?” Idril asked.

“I heard they were burnt, every last one of them” Rose replied. “I don’t blame them however, the remaining vampires fled and well…I suppose who wouldn’t take the precautions to feel safe in these times now”.

“You speak words of wisdom. That is rarely seen in a girl of such age as yours” Idril spoke kindly, Rose blushed slightly.

“Thanks” she looked down to the people in the street. “I heard that search of a capable new king has already begun” she started.

“Likewise, and in these time a king to boost morale seems like an excellent idea” she sighs, “After all, I have a suspicion that this is only the start of things to come” Idril took hold of Rose’s hand. “Listen to me closely Rose, I know you love Damion and that will probably live together now, but I must warn you. Take caution to the wind, a life with him will be dangerous from now on…I’m sure of it” Rose looked into Idril’s eyes.

“That is a risk I am willing to take” Rose spoke. Idril nodded her head and smiled.

“I hope so; he’ll need someone like you to take care of him after all this. I’m sure of that without a sliver of doubt”.

 

The streets of Ralis had begun to quieten now, reaching late afternoon the bustle had begun to calm. Rose lay next to Damion, holding his hand as he slept. Suddenly he stirred and began to awaken. As his eyes opened the blur faded to reveal Rose smiling at him.

“It’s about time you woke up” Damion chuckled weakly.

“I had a long night” he replied jokingly. He cuddled up to Rose and held her tight. “I heard my mother’s body, has been burnt with all the other vampires” he spoke. Rose hesitated to respond for a second.

“Yeah, you heard right. I’m sorry” she apologised.

“I heard you two talking earlier, I thought not to disturb you, so I went back to sleep for a while” he said quietly.

“How much did you hear?” she asked.

“Everything” he sighed, “But Rose?”

“Hmmm?”

“I’m glad you’ll be by my side, and I promise, throughout our life, I will protect you with my life” Rose smiled.

“I know you will, I had no doubt in my mind” they remained silent for a while. Damion decided to break the silence.

“Maybe one day I can take you to my home, we could lay amongst the summer flowers all day long, no-one to stop us” he spoke hopefully.

“Sure” he started, “That would be nice” she left the conversation there, and they remained within each other’s embrace.

 

The sun shone bright, not a cloud could be seen within the sapphire sky. Birds passed over the town singing a happy tune while the town flourished with life and happy citizens. Idril, Rose and Damion stood together at the entrance to the town.

“So what’s next for you Idril?” Damion started, “You going to return home?” he asked holding onto Rose’s hand.

“No, I feel the town needs me. So I think I’ll remain here and help out where help is needed” she looked between both Damion and Rose. “What about you two? What lies ahead in your path?” Damion and Rose smiled.

“We’ll just go where the wind takes us; we don’t really have a plan. But I know one thing is certain.”

“Yeah?” she replied.

“I think space between this place and me, will be for the best. For both me and Rose” Rose looked at Damion and smiled.

“We’ll be fine Idril, after all we have each other and our friendship too” she beamed a smile at Idril.

“That you do” Idril laughed, “That you do”.  Idril held out her hand to Damion. “Until the next time our paths cross” Idril spoke proudly. Damion smiled and shook her hand.

“Until then my good friend” he smiled.

 

Damion and Rose took off into the distant, Idril stood watching as the happy couple left and waved as they did so. She smiled and placed her hands on her hips.

“At least it is all over for them…for now” Idril spoke to herself. She continued to gaze upon the couple until they finally vanished, into the unknown horizon. 


-END-



© 2012 Forgotten


Author's Note

Forgotten
Finally the end of this book. I hope you enjoyed this tale.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mia
You're very clever to end the story without any questions but still leave room for another adventure...obviously I missed a lot but this is good. What are your plans for this book?

"to be boy no less." - to be a boy no less.
" sun which had seem gone for so long." - sun which seemed to be gone for so long.
"form my gaze" - from my gaze
"it felt year being locked away within that slumber”" - ?
"“I heard that search of a capable new king has already begun”' - "I heard that the search for a capable new king has already begun"
"and that will probably live " - and that you will probably live
"I had no doubt in"- I have no doubt in





Posted 11 Years Ago


Mia

11 Years Ago

It does...that happens to me and so I’m cautious of it but I thought I’d point out what I saw an.. read more
Forgotten

11 Years Ago

Well thank you anyway :) there was actually a few mistakes you notice so I'm still grateful :)
Mia

11 Years Ago

No problemo:)
Oh My God!! This is such a nice book!! I wanted it to go forever and ever!
Really good! A few grammatical errors but still a perfect piece of writing!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Forgotten

11 Years Ago

I'm happy you enjoyed this :) I'm so happy I finished this and hopefully I'll be starting on the sec.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Oh so there will be a second book to it. Would definately read that!
My pleasure in reading th.. read more
A very good ending to a very good story. I like the journey of the main characters. Funny how life lead you home where you belong. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Forgotten

11 Years Ago

Thanks for the review :) I have enjoyed knowing that you have been keeping up with this and am honou.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

652 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 23, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012


Author

Forgotten
Forgotten

Gloucestershire, Stroud, United Kingdom



About
My real name is John-Paul Crawford, I do voluntary work at Stroud FM and hopefully after my training will be allowed my own slot on air. Writing takes up most of my time, I'm always trying to better m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A City of Undead A City of Undead

A Screenplay by Forgotten