Country Boy

Country Boy

A Poem by Forgotten

Azure skies bestow upon me it's delight,
The bewilderment of child eyes stare back,
Symphonies of the free and weathered,
Travel like the autumn flow through dew grass, 
And in turn knocks against the children of parchment, 
Gentle and tranquil at it's core,
I cannot resist the call of the country,
For at heart I am country born. 

Upon arcane trails I walk, 
No path needed nor destination to reach,
Only wrap myself in it's glow,
Engulfed in mystery of it's enchanted essence, 
Feeling the life of the wooden citizens cleanse me,
As the breath of the mother whips through my hair, 
Warm and tender,
Whistling your song of the skies. 

Lost I am not,
Though I do not know direction,
In this land...the land of azure skies,
No-one is lost, 
Just waiting to be found, 
I am a boy of the country.
    

© 2014 Forgotten


Author's Note

Forgotten

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

no one is lost just waiting to be found. Sometimes alone is a good thing. this is a fine poem from you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Love the whimsical feel of this... Imagery is awesome--deepens the longing of my soul for the enchantment that nature bestows upon me with her exquisite beauty.

"As the breath of the mother whips through my hair,
Warm and tender,
Whistling your song of the skies."---absolutely stunning!


Posted 10 Years Ago


I love, love, love this poem. I love how free, flowing and wondrous this poem is. The description is amazing, especially the description of the sky. Azure is one of my favourite words. I love the wordings, I just love everything about this poem. The last stanza wraps everything up perfectly. It ends, but only gently. Very well written. Shelving it. Xx.

Posted 10 Years Ago


John this was awesome man:) I loved this I understand it very well, Being in Tennessee has its pros and cons but a country boy I shall always be:) Great job my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Funny I was just talking to my sister about how she hates living up in the city so much, and how I hate living in the country, long story but we can't so anything about it haha.

Whether your a country person or a city person sometimes it can be a huge part of whom you are.
You may not feel 100 percent you when your in the city, you may also feel like you cant dress in whatever you want when in the city because its to country like.
With me its the opposite I dress all fancy, and in the city that's fine, but I look a little weird here in the country, out of place, like I don't belong but oh well :)
This was a great poem because it has a great meaning to it, and its from your heart.
Great write :)



Posted 10 Years Ago


This is truly wonderful.Life is filled of so many simple things that sometimes mean a lot.Well penned :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


"As the breath of the mother whips through my hair,
Warm and tender,
Whistling your song of the skies. "
I like the lines above. It is good to be a country boy. To enjoy the simple and free gifts of nature and life. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


A rich and multi-faceted journey that took me to many places in the process of reading. Perhaps the dominant feeling I take from it is a longing for the coming of Spring, when the shovels are put away and one can reacquaint themselves with the simple peace that a blue sky can provide. A reawakening is the term I hear many use when evoking the restorative power of the passing of the seasons. The winter white-out gives way to the country, and boundaries are no more than I line on the map. Well done my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This. This is how life was SUPPOSED to be. And before we started making factories, it was.
Love the poem, John! Really free-spirited type of piece that just makes me smile. Excellent job, friend!

Posted 10 Years Ago


John, what a serene vision you have etched...
Imprints of your soul are embedded in this...
your love of the country is mesmerizing and contagious!..

Oh, how I adore this uplifting piece!!

"Azure skies bestow upon me it's delight,
The bewilderment of child eyes stare back,

Symphonies of the free and weathered,

Travel like the autumn flow through dew grass,

And in turn knocks against the children of parchment,

Gentle and tranquil at it's core,

I cannot resist the call of the country,

For at heart I am country born. "~Irresistible, indeed! :))

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

667 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2014

Author

Forgotten
Forgotten

Gloucestershire, Stroud, United Kingdom



About
My real name is John-Paul Crawford, I do voluntary work at Stroud FM and hopefully after my training will be allowed my own slot on air. Writing takes up most of my time, I'm always trying to better m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos