Broken

Broken

A Story by GalaxyGhost
"

Be careful out there...

"
At the finish of the day, I hopped off the bus stop and in the stillness of the late night, I walked towards a set of old apartments. Yes, I am a college student. I had just finished my last of my class finals and it was nearly eight in the evening on a rather cold December night. The pale navy sky was slightly lit by the traffic lights and bustling buses and cars of other college students.
Grasping my coat and scarf a little closer, I went to the door to my dorm room, but at first I felt a slight tingle that someone was watching; so I turned around and jumped! One of my neighbors from across a couple of doors down was a man sitting on a plastic chair. He was one of those college guys who were druggies judging by the beer in his hand and what looked like an E-cigarette. Plus, he had a tangled mess of long, greasy hair and a drunken smile on his face that was so wide that it looked too inhuman. He wore sunglasses and a tattered hat that even hid his eyes even more. My heartbeat pounded in fright as I stared.
After unlocking the door to my room, I locked it behind me and I dropped all my stuff on the couch and got ready for bed, but I kept thinking about why anyone would be eyeing people own in the hallway. So I went to bed still thinking about. Next morning, I did wake up and forgot until I walked out the door to go to work.
I the following days, I learned to ignore the guy there until one day I ran into a roommate of the guy from that apartment room. We talked for a bit and I noticed how nervous the guy was acting when I asked about his friend sitting quietly. He simply said it was mannequin.
"It doesn't smell like one," I said, noticing a stench of the 'mannequin' that reminded me of dead leaves and sweat.
The guy chuckled and said, "Well...sorry. I have to go."
Brushing it off, I decided to go one with my day until that night when I went to sleep. Around midnight, I was awakened by loud, shuffling noises outside my front door and slowly getting out to the living room, peering through the window I saw the guy from earlier holding the mannequin against the door, trying to balance it on his back. I gasped, covering my mouth in shock.
With that, I ran into my room and called my only roommate who was out out town as I was alone. I told her what I saw and she immediately told me to call the cops, but before I could the front door pounded and then followed by a click. Freezing, I whispered into my phone, "I have to call you back!" Closing my phone, creeping to my bedroom door, I locked it as I heard dragging approaching the hall.
"You know nothing!" said my neighbor.
Just when I thought I was a goner, I dialed 911 but apparently someone beat me to it as the sirens of police cars pulled in.
The next morning I heard what happened to the guy after giving my statement. As it turns out, the guy had killed his girlfriend in anger and ever since, had a hate against every woman. There was even video evidence of him entering other female student's home and assaulting them. The landlady actually called the police after noticing the mannequin and having many complaints about smell. Yeah, that mannequin? It was the girlfriend's corpse.

© 2016 GalaxyGhost


Author's Note

GalaxyGhost
This was based off of a true experience that happened, although this is altered into fiction, it still was interesting to write as a story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. Disturbing, and quite well written! I only wish it featured the narrator's (you?? because yeesh) emotions more. Some statements were a seemingly misplaced in relativity to the grim theme of the tale. For example, "I swore he was looking at me!"; the exclamation gives the narrator's voice a jaunty sort of tone which detracts from the excellent story. Great job overall though, keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Well, this was based on a true experience of a classmate, I'm glad that you reviewed it!



Reviews

WOW!!!! Very disturbing. Well put together and thought out. Great read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I appreciate it a lot!
JBoone

7 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Wow. Disturbing, and quite well written! I only wish it featured the narrator's (you?? because yeesh) emotions more. Some statements were a seemingly misplaced in relativity to the grim theme of the tale. For example, "I swore he was looking at me!"; the exclamation gives the narrator's voice a jaunty sort of tone which detracts from the excellent story. Great job overall though, keep it up!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

Thank you! Well, this was based on a true experience of a classmate, I'm glad that you reviewed it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 16, 2016

Author

GalaxyGhost
GalaxyGhost

UT



About
Hello! I'm a student and writer. I love writing short stories of various fictional genres including mystery, suspense, fantasy, supernatural, and some poetry. Fun facts about me: -I write in jour.. more..

Writing
Ugly Ugly

A Poem by GalaxyGhost