Exorcism

Exorcism

A Poem by Gillzy
"

Haunted by memories and reminders.

"

Thoughts floating
Of you.
Images taunting
Of you.
A ghostly picture
You remain.
Haunting my light,
And dooming my dreams.

Won't you leave me?
A phantom hovering in my darkness.
Your loving soul
And warming presence
Doesn't belong here,
Any more.
It just tears me
In two.

          Please
          Leave me.
          I set you free.

© 2008 Gillzy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to pick you up on your spelling darlin'...Exorcism...Soul...Let him go, he's flown the coup...He HAS left and what remains is only in your mind, if you don't actively change your thought patterns to something positive, you will dig yourself a hole and fall right in it!I think your poem is a work of art...truly beautifully written for someone who doesn't deserve it...

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Heart-wrenching. I can see why you would want to be exorcised of those feelings. I only came across your poem because I wanted to see if anyone else had written about exorcism, and there you were. My story, "The Exorcism of Pere deFaux" is nothing like that, since it certainly isn't tragically romantic. But I would be interested in knowing what someone of your sensibilities would make of my take on this subject. Good work. Keep the poems coming.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think in writing these things down and expressing them to other people helps exorcise your ghosts. At least you can leave them behind on a screen and clear them from your thoughts - OK this is not quite true but I'm aiming to make you feel a touch better.
The only thing I would look at again here is the final line. 'I set you free' just seems to be too loving for a piece in which you are trying to come to terms and move into a new world from old thoughts. Maybe 'piss off' is more suitable? Sorry - a bit harse but I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at!
Well written and thought out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awwww *hug* well at least you got someone else in your life now although that may also cause more problems lol.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I feel your pain :(

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

GREAT! I just love poems that are short, full of feeling, and get to the point. This poem fill you with emotion and then leaves you there sitting in it.
Write on!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

what a dramatic piece!

the ardor of the poem is piercing my heart.

this is one of your best poems...


the fool..........................................................................................................................

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Things ain't always that easy to get over. This is an excellent portrayl of that emotion. A desperation and longing for this to be normal.
Good stuff.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Love it ! So far this is my favorite poem i have seen here at writers cafe. One of my fav's ever.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Its painful having so much love still yet desperate to forget............
yet we close our eyes and they are there haunting.
Such a sad piece...........I know I have been there.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Sweetie, I still sometimes dream about the "one who got away", and I haven't even spoken to him in over 25 years. Yeah, it is easy to say "forget him", but it probably will never completely happen. The thing you want to do is remember the good and treasure those memories in your keepsake box. Throw the rest away. Good luck with it.

As for the poem, it is a heartfelt write, and a beautifully done one. It has strength and power in its simplicity.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2008

Author

Gillzy
Gillzy

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Things I have realised: My mother really is the best friend I'll ever have. Too much alcohol causes some people to be something they aren't, and that includes myself. That love, no matter wha.. more..

Writing
The Theory The Theory

A Story by Gillzy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..