Goodbye home

Goodbye home

A Chapter by Shooting star
"

Ryan leaves...

"
He wakes up blankly staring at the ceiling, Lost... Captivated by the masked man chasing him in his dreams. Then he dozes of again.. slowly... Then faster, faster... Now he is running at a thundering speed , clutching at his chest... But that man behind is following like the wind brushing against his face-swift, smooth... He is losing his balance... Falling down.. when the sudden rap on the door startles him!! He sits up.. exhausted!
Mrs Bennet half opens the door and calls from outside "you having one of 'em nightmares again, Ryan!??"
It takes him a little time to get back to his senses. He finally says" I"ll be downstairs in a minute" . Ryan never knew how to answer a question straight, he would always say "wait yeah, lemme analyse it!! " .... Until, things changed! But he can't think about anything anymore. This is the day, the day he had been planning for, for so many days..! The day he looked forward to with bated breath and at the same time hoped that it would never come! He said softly"am I ready yet!?". But he knew he has to find the answer all by himself. Although Ryan had this habit of chatting with himself from childhood he was too tensed to do even that today. He gets up, takes a nice shower, packs his bag with all sorts of stuff and on top of that places his favourite picture, the one taken on his sister's wedding, covers it with his diary, beautifully decorated with names of places and people he held dear and closes it ! Then he puts on his favourite pants and locks the room, putting his keys in the pocket, stopping only for a second to look back at the locked door scribbled all over. All those little letters amused Hannah so much the first time she came...
"Guess what's for breakfast, honey?? I've made pastaaa, come on, fast!!" -Mrs Bennet said from the kitchen.
"Thanks Mom, can u please pack some? I am going over to Phil's for homework" -Ryan replied trying to sound as normal as possible!
"Of course" she gets the old tiffin box out.
Ryan finishes his breakfast pretty fast, calls out "bye Mom" and sets off on his bike.
He stops at Phil's on the way, to say his goodbye. They speak almost silently in the parlour, catching a short hug on the way out but when Ryan walks out the door and rides his bike his eyes slightly twinkled with tears ... After all it's not everyday that he walks out of his house never to return again, that he says goodbye to his only friend in town, not everyday that he leaves the place he called home his entire life for good... The sky looked a dark blue, blackish at parts as if in expectance of a heavy storm...


© 2017 Shooting star


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on April 20, 2017
Last Updated on April 20, 2017


Author

Shooting star
Shooting star

Dallas, TX



About
Rapid Resolved is a renowned firm which dedicatedly delivers its services to its customers to positively improve their work productivity. About us our team is fully certified by intuit and authorized .. more..

Writing