Just Off The Press

Just Off The Press

A Poem by John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

I hadn't had the time to think let alone write the room was a oven and outside was a blast furnace take your choice which hell you prefer me I found more comfort in the bar least they had A.C.  And cold beer.

The television rattled on as the daily news spewed it's metal brainwashing for the masses I cared less and less

to speak of current issues cause honestly journalism more resembled Saturday night wrestling than a show to

gather knowledge of current events from.


And I had no desire to view there hate filled witch hunt .

Fear was a tool like any other stay inside lock your doors and tune in to us for all the details of just how fucked up it 

is out there no need to judge for yourself we will do all the thinking for you.


 Sheep led to the slaughter mindless cattle to take up space and consume it all.

How f*****g charming it all truly was .

I cant say I cared to argue opinions I rather just sit and pour yet another overpriced drink down my neck.

Silence speaks more than a million words that spew from the ignorant like verbal diarrhea and who

wants to be caught in a s**t storm of stupidity?


I just chased the day into the evening fading into my blissful coma happy to listen to the jukebox

as I tried to drown out the others .

   

I don't know when people had stopped to think for themselves.

Maybe it was the cyber age everyone consumed with becoming as f*****g detached as possible.

Walking in in front of moving vehicles  cause they just had to update there status .  


It was a quest to become the most detached self absorbed horses a*s possible .

As bodies stacked up on the battlefield .

I'm so sorry son I didn't reply to your letter but my post got fifteen likes .


I had no desire to be told what to feel.

When feeling nothing at all suited me fine.

I wasn't going to grab my pitch fork to demonize a politicians hidden f*****g agenda .

You can't be played if you never play the game to begin with.



I sat there listening to the news roll out speaking of a world filled with fear and hate .

And as a stranger turned his eyes from the  screen looking at me in some sort of strange trance .

What do you think of all this mess going on in the world.



I looked to him taking down the last of my overpriced drink .

I laid my money down asking for some change for the jukebox.



Well my friend I said .

I believe I will have another drink.

© 2015 John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on July 10, 2015
Last Updated on July 10, 2015
Tags: Life, Media, Bullshit, Headlines, Sea Monkeys, Barooms, Humor, Truth

Author

John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo
John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

knotts Island NC, NC



About
Well im a Baroom Poet,Comedian,And full time madman of the net. Ive been a bouncer, bartender,Dj,worked many a construction job,you name I probaly did it but enough with the foreplay amigos .. more..

Writing