Autumn

Autumn

A Story by Z
"

Autumn, such a lovely season. Even for the wicked minds.

"

The sound of rustling leaves under my feet always seemed to calm me. The autumn weather was the most beautiful time of the year. The leaves above were various shades of orange and red. Animals were scattering around getting ready for the upcoming winter ahead. The silence is what really carried me along the trail. 

My pleasurable sighs escaping my lips created a soft white cloud to form from them. The cold crisp air filling my lungs made me feel at peace as I continued on my walk. Not too much further now until I met my destination. 

The trees started to close in on the trail more as I walked. I met the end of the trail but continued ahead. I didn't stop walking until I was met with a large hole in the ground. I looked into it, tilting my head to the side as I gazed at the dirt. I sighed one last pleasurable sigh before shoving a large plastic bag, that I had pulled along behind me, into the hole. I smiled, grabbing the shovel off to the side of me. I began to throw the dirt back into the hole, watching as the bag began to twitch. I just continued to shovel the dirt back into the hole, muffling the groans and screams until it was full once more.

I wiped the mixture of blood and sweat from my face and tossed the shovel aside. I looked over at the various piles of dirt that filled the deep graves and smiled contently to myself before heading back toward the trail. 

© 2017 Z


Author's Note

Z
Any thoughts?

What do you think of the idea?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a really interesting story. I was not expecting that twist and it was quite a shock. I think that the way that you wrote about the beauty of nature and then took a dark twist was well executed but it might have been even more powerful if you had incorporated the autumn imagery into the end of the piece. I also think that you could work on the way that you construct your sentences, as in, 'My pleasurable sighs escaping my lips created a soft white cloud to form from them.' could have been something like, 'I sighed, content and relaxed in my natural surroundings as my breath came out white and cloud like in front of me.' Other than that i think that you wrote a fantastic piece and i think that you definitely have a knack for horror writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Z

7 Years Ago

Thank you SO much! Especially for the advice! This really meant a lot to me. Glad you enjoyed and th.. read more



Reviews

This is a really interesting story. I was not expecting that twist and it was quite a shock. I think that the way that you wrote about the beauty of nature and then took a dark twist was well executed but it might have been even more powerful if you had incorporated the autumn imagery into the end of the piece. I also think that you could work on the way that you construct your sentences, as in, 'My pleasurable sighs escaping my lips created a soft white cloud to form from them.' could have been something like, 'I sighed, content and relaxed in my natural surroundings as my breath came out white and cloud like in front of me.' Other than that i think that you wrote a fantastic piece and i think that you definitely have a knack for horror writing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Z

7 Years Ago

Thank you SO much! Especially for the advice! This really meant a lot to me. Glad you enjoyed and th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 23, 2017
Last Updated on January 23, 2017
Tags: Autumn, seasonal, horror, insane, serial killer, mature

Author

Z
Z

About
I'm just someone who likes to write but has zero confidence in my writing. more..

Writing
Empty Bird Feeders Empty Bird Feeders

A Story by Z