Beauty of a Blood Stained Rose

Beauty of a Blood Stained Rose

A Story by Harmony Grace

No one knows why Roses seem to be everyone's favorite flower.
Is it because they symbolize what every girl wants the most?...romance?
Roses have never been my favorite flower, in fact, I hate them. I hate them with a 
passion. mainly because people over use them. I just don't understand why girls insist on giving me them every time Valentines is near. I"M A GUY!!! not some little girl with hopes that some random rose shows up in my bag by my secret admirer, anonymous, lovey gushy hearts and candy!! But yet every year there's a rose in my bag by 3 secret admirers, 15 anonymous's, loaded with candy hearts, and paper valentines! My bag is so heavy I can hardly carry it to my car! The bad part is...I know every single girl that gave me one! They practically line up outside to greet me, and ask who I think gave them to me. 
But one year...one year was different. That was the year I received my special rose. 
"Hey Aaden, have you gotten any secret admirers things yet?" asked Aria, my only true friend...the reason I say this? She's the only girl not absolutely gaga over me.
"Unfortunately, I got one this morning." He said picking up a yellow rose.
"Please tell me why girls think it's cute and romantic to give guys roses?" He asked.
"I don't know, personally I'd just get them, hmmm...nothing, yeah I'd get them nothing."
"and that's why I like you." He said.
"Yup. so Yellow? really? Maybe she thinks you shine like the sun?" She said batting her eyelashes. 
"Maybe. All I know is I'm tired of this whole rose thing! THe candy I can deal with."
"Well, maybe it'll stop after this year." 
"I doubt it." he said. He didn't notice the tone in her voice.
"Hey Aaden?"
"Yeah?" 
"Can I tell you something?" 
"Of course Aria." 
"Would you believe me if I told you I was dying?" 
"Well, yeah, I mean each day we all get a little closer." He said sarcastically.
"No, I mean. LIke I'm dying faster than the rest of you." She said looking down.
"what you mean? Faster than the rest of us? Aria...what are you saying!?"
"I've got Leukemia, and it's acting quick..."
"Aw c'mon, quit pulling my leg. Just cause it's valentines doesn't mean you can add your sick humor." 
"I'm not joking." She looked up and right into my eyes; at that point everything she had told me became real...her eyes were tearing up, and she had a look about her.
"Either you're an excellent actress, or this day just turned to crap."
"The day just turned to crap...I'm sorry." She said.
"So...how long do you have to..ya know?" I asked.
"hehe, how long do I have till I die? they say a few months...but who knows."
"Aria...sense I know now, I want to tell you something."
"What?"
"I...well I like you a lot, I know you probably don't like me, but hey we've both never had a real date, and I just wondered maybe we should go out....cause you're dying."
"Aaden, I'm so happy to hear you say that...there's something I should confess..."
"What?" She went to hand me a rose...
"No, it was you this whole time, you were my secret admirer and anonymous's?"
"well, most of them yes, there were 2 that weren't mine." she said. She started to shake.
"Aria?" I asked. She started coughing.
"Aria!" She shakely handed me the now bloody rose and passed out.
I went to her funeral that weekend, and I still had the blood stained rose that now reminded me of the secret admirer anonymous I secretly knew was her...I put it in her coffin and said one last thing to her...You're name Aira meant beautiful Melody...You were mine, and this rose will always sing the song of your life. I said my good-byes, I returned to school and had a whole bunch of roses by the end of the day, but none of them beat the beauty of the blood stained rose.

© 2010 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace