Acrostic

Acrostic

A Poem by Sharon L.H. Kelly

                  
 
Momma, can you hear me?
Open you mouth, I have your medicine.
Rest now, my Best Girl.
Please know how much I love you. Forever, then for Eternity!
Horrible sounds escape from your lips. Death's rattle, vibrating through the house and lodging into my mind and soul.
I pray that you can't know or feel the demons spewing their vile deep inside.
Night is beginning to shroud you.
Extinguishing your flickering light, as it closes in like the lid of your coffin.

© 2014 Sharon L.H. Kelly


Author's Note

Sharon L.H. Kelly
Rest in Peace, Mom. Four months ago, today...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh good lord not what I was expecting at all, Most affecting acrostic I've ever read, like getting hit with a 2X4... So sorry for your loss.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words and review.
I am sure that your mother is resting in peace, just as assuredly as she knew, still knows in fact, how much you loved her.

I am so lucky that my mother and father are still alive and well, but I can still very much relate to this. My beloved grandma died fifteen years ago, but I still remember her, remember the love that enfolded both me and my sister.

Beccy.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words and review.
This is the most powerful acrostic I have ever read. It is beautiful and heart-wrenching. I am so sorry for your loss. Great piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review, Justin.
So sorry for your loss, Sharon. Yes, losing mum is unbearable, but your poetry and your thoughts mean that she is never lost in mind and thoughts. Think of your mind and then think of your consciousness and know that she is with you for ever, and as you quite rightly say for eternity.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Daffy, for your kind words.
First off let me express my sincere sympathy for your loss. I found your words both difficult to read and a wonderful portrayal of those final hours. I can relate as I too have experienced caring for someone I love in their last hours. I am sure your words span the bridge and your Mom sees and is smiling at your work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Nancy, for your kind review.
Paints the picture all too well.

And ((hugs)) .. it must have been a difficult time. I hope her passing was not too long or too painful for your mum, though I sure it was for you.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, R.D.
sorry to hear* and thanks such an emotional piece* I loved the words you used to detail your poem it made your piece so vivacious well done** best of luck*

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, CDB.
I can relate to this with my mother in law and brother in law my wife took care of them
sorry for your loss

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Wordman.
Such a heart-wrenching poem. My condolences for your loss, but it is obvious that you have allowed your writing skills to lead you to the path of healing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Karen.
Sharon, A very close to the heart poem and you said it so well. Inspiration comes to us in all ways.
Good work.
Wil

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sharon L.H. Kelly

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Will.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1341 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014

Author

Sharon L.H. Kelly
Sharon L.H. Kelly

NY



About
I am a Registered Nurse and Poetess. I especially enjoy Haikus. I love reading new writers and Read Requests as time allows. Regarding friends, I have one. Please only "friend" me if we have read eac.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bear Bear

A Poem by Tate Morgan