The Breakup

The Breakup

A Story by Hexan
"

This is dark.

"

"I brought you here to tell you... well... I'm sorry, I just... I can't be with you anymore."


She stared at him, not comprehending.


"Really, I feel like we just haven't been communicating as well as we used to. I don't know if it's you, or if I've grown distant... but I don't think we can fix this, you know?" He paced back and forth in front of her in the small room. "I mean, sure, we had some great times and man, you are good in bed, you know that, hon, but I just... the spark isn't there anymore when we just hang out or whatever."


He stopped to look at her, noticing the tears in her eyes. "Aw, babe, don't cry." He tried to brush her tears away but she shied away from his touch. His eyes grew sad. "It'll be okay, it's not the end of the world. I'm sorry it has to end like this but it's really for the best."


He went back to pacing the room. Back and forth, back and forth. "And it's not like we would have gotten married, had kids... it was just a bit of fun, you know? We both knew that from the start, right?" He stopped, suddenly, his back turned. "And... we both know how much I hate loose ends. I can't leave my past behind. I have to get rid of it completely. So you understand... right?"


He picked something up from a table and she started screaming against the duct tape that was covering her mouth. He turned around, knife in hand, and she struggled against the ropes. It was no use. They were firmly tied and she could do nothing as he closed the short distance. "I'm sorry, I really am." he whispered as he hugged her close and thrust the knife into her stomach.

© 2017 Hexan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i agree that it would read better with expansion, but i love your endings and that the story gets to the point with its words

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hexan

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
A story like this would benefit from some expansion. I feel like the ending would have had more of an impact if I knew the characters more and had a chance to get to know and like them.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hexan

6 Years Ago

That's a really good point! I need to do more of that in my short stories, developing the characters.. read more
Well, that's a rather drastic way of ending a relationship. All very good writing, error-free as far as I can tell.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hexan

6 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 8, 2017
Last Updated on December 8, 2017
Tags: dark

Author

Hexan
Hexan

Sweden



About
Hey! I don't write as much as I should and I don't finish what I write as much as I should. I mostly write fiction and what I find the most fun when writing short stories is getting prompts from fr.. more..

Writing
A Winter Night A Winter Night

A Story by Hexan


Fucken' apples Fucken' apples

A Story by Hexan


The man The man

A Story by Hexan