Your Deliberate Folly

Your Deliberate Folly

A Poem by Erudite
"

I wrote this about my friends, whom I had watched lose themselves to drugs and harmful lifestyles. My advice was unheeded, and their better judgement left long behind them.

"
So the sand breaks down around you, and the rains have come to wash your home away. You, who bragged about the intricacies of your ideals, sold your wisdom for bliss. It was a newfound mindset you seemed to have slipped into. Met with an impasse, we presented our disagreements and parted ways. From my place on the rock, I watched you build your home on the sand. 
"The weather is warm, the water is near, and there's nothing around to fear." You said. Never heeding my warnings. It seemed like your confidence had been mainly fueled by stupidity. You told yourself lies and believed them much too quickly. 
Now, I sit in my home, built with great care and in the proper place. Should my morality come into question for letting my friend drown in the flood? I think not, for I warned him. It may sound trite, however, in this situation the old saying rings true. I did my best. Yet I can't help but feel overly content.

© 2018 Erudite


Author's Note

Erudite
Please rate and review, thanks

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

we can only advise another not to look for the quick fix, for the instant gratification because that does come at cost in the long run---stability is what wins out...the other not only feels overly content, but overly confident.

j.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
1 Review
Added on December 3, 2016
Last Updated on January 27, 2018
Tags: mistakes, the high road, choices

Author

Erudite
Erudite

Riverside, CA



About
Greetings, reader. Please do enjoy this music I've prepared for you, and don't be too bashful to take a peek at some of my writings. My poem titled "Ah, To Float in My Boat" is one of my personal .. more..

Writing