The thing behind the door

The thing behind the door

A Story by StillShorterThanYou
"

Little Sally is woken every night by something that she does not know of. But it always comes at 3am...

"
    Little Sally sleeps.
    At 30 seconds to 3am she wakes up. It's just like every other night. Her amber eyes look at the cloak, until it strikes 3am. It strikes, and Big Ben can be heard ringing in the distance. Sally looks at the door of her room in the orphanage that she shares with twenty other girls. A whining sound comes from behind the door, like the whine of a dog. She pulls the covers slightly over her head, so only her eyes could be seen.
    The whine was followed by a scratching noise, and though it was fairly loud, none of the other girls wake up. They never do, it's always just Sally, and whatever is behind the door.
    The whine is followed by a low growl, and Little Sally can see eyes in the crack of the door. In the crack, there are eyes. Yellow eyes. Sally blinks and the eyes disappear. The sound of claws scratching the wood floor get fainter, until they disappear completely, just like the eyes. Sally snuggles into her covers once again to sleep, but if she looked behind herself, she would've seen yellow eyes staring at her. Only eyes, the yellow eyes that stared at her, outlined in darkness. But she didn't notice, she never notices, well, until the day that she she looked, but that is another story, that will be told at another time. Because until that night, she sleeps in fear of the thing on the other side of the door that might get her. But then again, who knows. It could just be Little Sally's own imagination.

© 2011 StillShorterThanYou


Author's Note

StillShorterThanYou
Please comment

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really interesting again and entertaining dark and creative story. Just revise once to see some spelling errors that are easily fixed. Other then that, great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
wes
youve improved thats great but may i add the fact that there are some spelling errors proof read and you can fix them this will help your readers understand the writing alot better but still it's really good

Posted 12 Years Ago


that's really cool! you've improved in your writing skills!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on November 15, 2011
Tags: sally, orphanage, darkness

Author

StillShorterThanYou
StillShorterThanYou

over the rainbow and a couple of places away, AZ



About
hello. I am just a sad, sad college student who has no idea how I'm going to finish college more..

Writing