Fable The Story

Fable The Story

A Story by Petar
"

A boy finds himself drawn into an adventure that is set to determine the world's fate.

"

This is a tale of young boy named Petar. He lived in a common house deep inside the Forgotten forest in Oakvale, an isolated place full of strange things. There, the boy dreamt about the outside world. In some of his dreams, he was a mighty warrior, and in some he was a powerful mage. He was even the horror of all things in some dreams, his name only being said in whispers....The boy's future is yet to be revealed. So this story begins in Oakvale, where the boy spends his days daydreaming.


Wake up, little one, it is time for lunch”, his father said.


Yes, father, right away”, the boy replied.


Both were eating when the boy's father asked him did he buy a present for his sister. The boy started crying. “I'm sorry father, I forgot about her birthday.” His father looked at him with compassion in his eyes. “That's okay son. I will give you five gold coins so you can buy her a nice present.” The boy burst out of joy. “Oh, thank you! But where can I buy a gift for her?” His father thought about it for a while. “There is a trader that just got here. He's by the inn, so you can go there to buy the gift.”


So the boy went to the trader and bought a box of candy. After that, he ventured to look for his sister. He found her by a big tree; she was playing with the birds. So the boy walked to her and said: “Happy Birthday, sis!” She got away from the birds. “Thank you! I was worried that you forgot my birthday, like the last year. I hope that mom will get home soon, so that we can start the party.” They started going home, when she fell down and told her brother that he should hide, because something bad was going to happen. He hid and, suddenly, bandits started coming into Oakvale and killing people that stood in their way.


The night fell and the boy started running to his home, where he found his father dead on the floor. He ran to his father's body and started crying. A bandit saw him and went berserk. Suddenly, a wave of magic blasted the bandit, and he fell dead. The mage took the boy's hand and teleported to a safe place, far away from Oakvale. Soon they arrived to a strange hall. The boy was unconscious. An old man came and asked: “Where did you find this boy?” The mage said that the boy would have a great future and that he must remain alive at all costs. The old man nodded and took him to a bed, so that he could rest.


When Petar woke up, he was in a strange bed and in a strange room. He felt alone and scared, but then a girl came to him. She sat down by him and told him that he has been saved by a mage called Tomislav, and that he is being awaited in the main hall. Petar was still scared, but in his heart he felt like he was home. He came to the main hall, where Tomislav stood with the old man. The old man told him that his name was Arthas. Arthas explained him that he is in the Guild of Heroes, where heroes are trained to help and serve the good. He asked Petar if he wanted to join the Guild, because he saw a great potential in him. Petar didn't have anything left so he decided to join the Guild.


After many years in the Guild, Arthas called Petar and asked him if he's ready to learn the ways of magic, skill and strength. Petar was ready for this, so he asked Arthas when would they start. Arthas said that they will begin tomorrow, early in the morning, and that he should take the rest of the day off. When Petar got to the bed he saw the girl crying. He her asked why is she crying, and she said that she fell and cut her hand. Petar went to find a bandage to cover the wound. When he covered the wound, she was very grateful, so she kissed him. He felt warmth in his chest.


The next day in the morning, he started learning the ways of the will. His force was so powerful that he made ashes from the training dummies. Later he learned the ways of the skill; he made headshots every time. And then the last was the way of strength. He could cut stones with one swing in half. Tomislav was watching over him and feared the evil could turn Petar into a horror.


The last day had arrived, when he became a Hero. In the middle of the ceremony, a dark presence came to the hall - it was the ancient evil that has been forgotten since the Old Kingdom. They fought with all their strength, but in vain. The evil took Petar to a strange island far away from the Guild. When they came, the evil presented itself in a form of his father, so it could torture him, but Petar was strong and he didn't felt sad.


Then, a strange woman appeared and said: "My brother, it has been long since the last time we spoke." When Petar heard this, he was happy and sad at the same moment. The Seer was Petar's sister. Her name was Sylvanas the Dark Seer, and it seemed that she was brainwashed because she could never willingly choose evil.


Later on, Petar was serving the evil masters along his sister; soon he was called Petar the Cruel, Petar the Evil, but in his heart, there was still good. One day, he saw the girl that he knew from the past; it was the girl from the Guild that he had some feelings for. When his evil masters found about this, they gave him a quest that he must destroy the Guild Of Heroes. His sister had seen this long time ago. She told him that if he has just a little bit of goodness in his heart, he would never choose to destroy the guild. He accepted the quest and left, but before he left his sister told him that there is a way of destroying the evil masters and it is located in the Guild Main Hall.


He came to the Guild when Tomislav cast a fireball at him, because he thought that Petar was evil. Petar told him that he was trying to find an artifact that could defeat the evil masters and that it was in the Mail Hall. He wasn't sure what was he looking for, but his sister told him that he would know when he saw it.


The evil masters found out that Petar was a traitor, so they told Sylvanas to go after him, but she didn't do anything. She just read from a strange book and summoned some strange creatures. She said: "I'm no longer your slave. I saw this day coming, when my brother will find the lost artifact of the Spire." The evil masters said that it could not be possible, because they have destroyed the Spire and its remains. Sylvanas told them that there was a young woman known as the First Seer. “My mother saw that day coming and she hid one artifact that would be the end of all evil.”


The evil masters attacked her but she cast a shied so they could do nothing to her. Petar found the artifact, but he didn't know how to use it. On the back of the artifact it said: "Only a true fighter for good can be answered with the great power of the Spire." Petar fell on his knees and started crying. When his tear touched the artifact, it started glowing brighter than the sun and slowly began cleansing the world of its evil.


When it was all over, his sister appeared. "My brother, the day when you saved the world from its evil came ,but remember, where is good, there is evil, and where is evil, there is always good. One can not be without the other. When the right day comes, I will be back. Until then have this, this was a gift from mother for you; it's a music box, and whenever you open it, remember me and the world you saved." Sylvanas vanished, the evil has been destroyed and the citizens of Albion safe. "My work here is done", said Petar, fell on the floor and never woke up.

 

The End

 

Or not...


© 2012 Petar


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool story, bro! Keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
1 Review
Added on March 4, 2012
Last Updated on March 4, 2012

Author

Petar
Petar

Sl.Brod, Croatia



About
Im 16 years old,im from Croatia :) more..

Writing
Hot neighbor Hot neighbor

A Story by Petar


Scary Stuff Scary Stuff

A Story by Petar