The Break-up

The Break-up

A Story by SimplyLove50
"

This isn't really a story. It's more of a letter. It's one of those things that you wish to give to your ex for closure, and it's from the heart...so I hope you enjoy it. It deals with the rejection, the break-up, and getting over it.

"

I miss you. And, I want you back. But, you don't want that. I get it...I guess. I mean, I really don't because you never told me that's not what you wanted. But obviously...this is your way of doing it now. I was so...in love with you. But, what we had wasn't real was it? It wasn't. You were the first love of my life, and hopefully not my last. And eventhough it hurts...sooo much right now, in a way I have to thank you. Wait! No I don't. I don't have to do anything! If I weren't as strong as I am, all my faith in the male race would be destroyed. You were perfect. But...you're not. I told you I admired you once before, but now...I just feel sorry for you. Because, you don't know when you have a good thing right in front of you. I deserve so much better than you.

© 2009 SimplyLove50


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, Kirsten, your poems seems to fall under the narrative type or free verse. You have a talent in words construction, imagery, feelings and the way you molded your piece into a beautiful poems. I suggest, you try some other forms of poetry like haiku, Whitney, Limerick, etc...Write on!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow, very powerful...great job. A little informal, but hey, it's a letter after all, so that's the point haha.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
New
Grrr, I know how this feels!
This can relate to sooo many people.
I loved it.. very honest.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2009

Author

SimplyLove50
SimplyLove50

Baltimore, MD



About
Hey! I'm Kirsten! I write mostly poetry, but for a while I was trying to write songs. It didn't really go quite how I planned so now, I stick to poetry. Most of my poems aren't really happy, so...that.. more..

Writing