Trapped

Trapped

A Story by JLD
"

A suspenseful tale for you to enjoy

"
Oh no. Not him again. The man in the dark sunglasses had been following Traci for the past few weeks. She didn't see him all the time, but often enough to make her nervous. The moment she saw him, he always followed her. Traci had absolutely no idea who this guy was, but he was definately creepy. She hurried across the street and ducked into a busy shopping mall, hoping she'd lost him. A beautiful display in a store window caught her attention, drawing her across the crowded mall. She was almost there when she got shoved into a crowded elevator. As long as Mr. Creepy wasn't there, Traci didn't mind too much. There were lots of great shops on the fourth floor to explore. She moved further in the elevator to let some people out, and Mr. Creepy got in. Traci was stuck. Why did the mall have to be so crowded today? She could barely move. Mr. Creepy stared directly at Traci and smiled a devilish grin. Then, the elevator stopped. I suddenly feared that the elevator had been so overcrowded that we were overweight and broke the elevator car. Even Mr. Creepy looked rattled for a second. Then he regained his composure and continued his menacing stare. How would I ever escape now? A heavy woman started screaming. Several passengers clawed at the door to no avail. Mall security showed up and assured everyone the problem would be fixed shortly. I couldn't help it. I was as panicked as the rest of them, maybe more. At that moment, Mr. Creepy took out his cell phone and began scrolling through hundreds of pictures at different times of day, in different locations, different clothes, but always the same girl. I realized with horror that the girl in the pictures was me! When I ripped my eyes off of his cell phone screen, the enomity of my situation finally hit me. Mr. Creepy met my gaze and his smile chilled my blood. I know he saw me looking. What happens now? I wondered to myself. That phone has hundreds of pictures of me, and there are half a dozen cops right outside this stupid elevator that got stuck! Traci had never felt so trapped.
"Ok, get ready to move," a mall cop announced.
We all breathed a sigh of relief. Traci felt paralyzed. What if he grabs me before I can summon help? Traci worried. She tried to nonchalantly work her way toward the elevator door. Mr. Creepy was right behind her. The elevator screeched loudly as it began to slowly ascend to the third floor. Traci frantically tried to remember if there was an exit on that floor, just in case.
The elevator door opened. Traci pushed three people out of the way, grabbed Mr. Creepy and dragged him to the nearest mall cop. She explained that this man had been following her for weeks, and currently had hundreds of pictures of her on his phone.  The mall cop listened to every word. Mr. Creepy turned white. The mall cop took the cell phone from his hands, and was amazed at how many pictures there were. Mr Creepy was arrested and Traci's horror was finally over.
    

© 2013 JLD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

293 Views
Added on May 22, 2013
Last Updated on May 22, 2013
Tags: Suspense, trapped, mall, stalker, stalking, fear, elevator, pictures

Author

JLD
JLD

MT



Writing
My Perfect Life My Perfect Life

A Story by JLD


A Grand Gesture A Grand Gesture

A Story by JLD


A Secret Place A Secret Place

A Story by JLD