Steam.

Steam.

A Poem by J L Solomon

Is it Love or Lust?
It sure as hell better be both!
Love is like Water you can’t live without it.
Lust is like fire, it’s awful cold without it.
You can pick one or the other I suppose but I won’t settle for less than both!

I want us to be a cast iron pot with a hot fire burning underneath us and filled with plenty of water, given enough time that makes steam. Steam in the result of fire and water and it’s powerful enough to run train engines.

So I want our relationship to be like a train rushing down the tracks of life and so we have to love and lust, what’s wrong with that!

Love is like Water we have to have it but it’s not some emotional feeling it’s a choice, is an expression of our will, everyday we have to choose to love, in spite of.

Lust is like Fire and it’s the very nature of Fire to go out, you have to keep feeding the flame, lust is just as hard as love if not harder, it’s takes physical, emotional, and mental work to keep lust burning bright.

You can choose one or the other but I will not settle for less than both.
Is it Lust or Love? Is it Love or is it Lust?
It sure as hell better be both!

© 2017 J L Solomon


Author's Note

J L Solomon
Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed it!
I appreciate all feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well conveyed.
Nothing controversial, here.
The love-lust connection is not only desirable (pun intended) it is vital to any romantic relationship.
Great read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


J L Solomon

6 Years Ago

Thank you friend.
A good healthy relationship is based on both love and lust. Both are healing to the soul and makes us feel good so I would agree with your views on that.

However, if by chance a couple gets married and ill health or a terrible accident occurs to either one, making sex impossible, will those wedding vows--for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, until death do us part--still be honored? I think they should be, which means love will have to be the most important thing.

So yes, love and sex are beautiful for a relationship. I guess that's what it boils down to. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


J L Solomon

6 Years Ago

Thanks so much for the review.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2017
Last Updated on November 3, 2017
Tags: Relationship, love, lust, philosophy