LAST WORDS ON 2015

LAST WORDS ON 2015

A Story by Joseph B Clipper
"

REFLECTIONS

"
My last words on 2015....I'm tired!

Its kinda like the presidential race which has been on the front page every day for months now.
So much so that you might think the election isn't a year away. Basically I'm saying despite all the mighty things of this year, its like the crack in the damn...the flood to follow.

Family thoughts first...all is well basically.  But nothing was easy, like getting my son a car, then another, then another.  I wont bore you with the details why.  My daughter dropping out of school is going to have repercussions to come.  She is at heart a good girl though and just needs a little time to work out her place in this world just as we all must do.  Thank goodness for grandchildren right... for they are forever perfect.

Music for me this year has been a lot of Elton.  I spent about half the year just listening to
the artist that has inspired me more than any other.  Basically grabbing my roots and shaking some dirt off.  As for movies I did not get to see "S raw rats" yet so 'Jurrasic World' can be this years favorite.  But I did watch San Andreas like 3 times in a row lol.

Work is good but ever increasingly I am missing the days when it was all so much simpler.
Mo money Mo problems lol.  Not complaining so much as just saying that often it was a bit much.
But everyday I can whine about my back is another day I'm happy to be alive and feeling anything at all.

I turned 55 this year.  I have now lived longer than my father and kept my promise to clean up some of the mess I had made to my life.  With this promise kept and as many things as I can atone for atoned.  I can crawl into my grave with as clear a conscious as this bad boy will ever get.
So I'm not as preoccupied with dying as some felt I was.  You could say I was more concerned that I would not get to write this piece right now to state my state of peace and grace given to me for having lived this long.  Which is not all that long I know, only in comparison to a reckless youth. 

So good luck to the Pope, Hilary, Batman vs Superman and Disney.  I don't envy the work ahead for all of them or you or me or my kids, your kids... lol.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger. . . .


love to all
your servant
Joseph

© 2016 Joseph B Clipper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016
Tags: JOSEPHCLIPPER

Author

Joseph B Clipper
Joseph B Clipper

newark, DE



About
i write various poems and stories. i call them my 1000 stories to tell. i'm sure i've written something just for you. more..

Writing
TRUMP TRUMP

A Story by Joseph B Clipper