obdurancy in the love machine

obdurancy in the love machine

A Poem by Joseph B Clipper

I once wrote an instrumental and this random radio voice would roll over a musical fight between my boy Brian on gtr and me on keys. During this battle between darkness and light in the same dispassionate tone I'd say...obdurancy in the love machine.

 

"There is a crack in everythng that's how the light gets in."- Cohen


But more does too...there's always more. Following the songs metaphor we are immersed in dark energy. Maybe that's were art comes from and the artist taps into that. The dark web coalescing in our minds the dark matter with the grey.


"You cant, I know, tune in, but its alright

that is - I think its not too bad." - Lennon


I lost some dear friends this year like every. Tina and Eva who I met when I was 9 and 16 respectively, and I was the elder. What the heck happened to the women live longer statistic right. And icons like Prince and Bowie. I once described the music that I was writing as a combination of the two. Aren't our Idols immortal? As I age the stars were the first thing taken from me. The many stars in the sky I cant see so well anymore. Still there and yet gone.


That song that I wrote so long ago though instrumental was meant to speak volumes.

Its about that glitch in the matrix. The systemic anomaly that left unchecked will

bring the whole thing down. I have done what I can to keep my crazy in check.

But the cement in my mind is dried and cracking from attrition of time.

I can see shadows of The Ice Dog, my darker self long buried trying to get out.

"I see the end coming Neo."


"Yeah I am the nexus one, I want more life F****r I ain't done yet!" - Zombie


My program is to love at any cost and bear the weight of any loss.

I am not more human than human...just human.

And there is time enough.


December 2016

© 2016 Joseph B Clipper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on December 18, 2016
Last Updated on December 18, 2016

Author

Joseph B Clipper
Joseph B Clipper

newark, DE



About
i write various poems and stories. i call them my 1000 stories to tell. i'm sure i've written something just for you. more..

Writing
TRUMP TRUMP

A Story by Joseph B Clipper