TRUMP

TRUMP

A Story by Joseph B Clipper

This election year is the first that my children were allowed to vote. So more than usual, we have been talking politics.

For any of you that have kids you know that trying to educate them about things means not smacking them for every eye roll.

But not this election. Dragging them to the booth was tedious but as far as the latest info, they have been all ears.

Our President elect has made the race more interesting, election night a nail biter, And keeping all mouths moving.

I was voting for trump just to wake up the republicans to get their crap together, but 2 days before I saw that he would indeed have enough points

to send the desired message, so my vote switched. Then he won along with the entire (dysfunctional) republican party.

To clarify I am commenting on the parties lack of focus not any ideals we may disagree with. Our country needs both sides to lead from time to time,

and I will not argue that the last 8years has been lacking in some areas. I just didn't feel this is the man who can unite the republicans.

And I don't think they are not uniting so much as running on his coat tails. After all in his own words he was at the end a party of one.

So first and foremost congrats Mr Prez on doing the seemingly impossible. Also even though many in his party talked some serious talk against him,

Trump will likely give many nice jobs in his new cabinet to appease them and a truly unified party will emerge. Good politics - not really, good business.

That phrase may suit our new leader better than the misnomer make America great again. I have lived under 11 presidents so far and they all say

what they gotta to say to get elected and do what the system will allow after, just read my lips.

I'm not all crouched in fear. The system values its infrastructure too much and will do what it has done for centuries. That's why the cold war

stayed cold. And its upcoming resurgence wont likely go nuclear. Not everybody went broke during the great depression. Some people got rich.

Nixon resigned but you can thank him for every made in china sticker you see. I have nothing good to say about Bush 2.0 and yet we are all still here.

So maybe it will be because of, maybe it will be in spite of, but my life in the next four years will be what I can make it.

 

December 14 2016

© 2016 Joseph B Clipper


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 19, 2016
Last Updated on December 19, 2016

Author

Joseph B Clipper
Joseph B Clipper

newark, DE



About
i write various poems and stories. i call them my 1000 stories to tell. i'm sure i've written something just for you. more..

Writing