Why Dogs make our lives better

Why Dogs make our lives better

A Story by Javier Perello

Why Dogs make our lives better

How would having a dog as a pet make life any better? Well, you can have as many pets as you want, but you will never get certain benefits unless you have a dog. Dogs have always been known to be man’s best friend, but what really makes a dog different from any other pet is not their shape or sounds; it’s the bond between him and its owner.  A dog is always happy see you, he is also always ready to go out with you, and last, but not least, a dog is the best wingman you will ever find.

 

            Imagine a long day when, first of all, you have to go to work for 8 hours. Then you go out with some friends to see the NBA playoffs, and after the game, you stop at a gas station because of a flat tire. You end up getting home around 10:30 or 11:00 pm, and what’s the first thing you hear when opening the door? “Where have you have you been? Why didn’t you call? I was worried!” That’s right - an upset wife asking you so many questions that you really do not want to answer at all.  Here is a different scenario - you get home at 11:00 pm because of all the things mentioned above, you open your living room door and the first thing you hear is: “woof woof” (your dog barking) when woof woof actually means “my master is home. Yay!” You see your dog running to you wagging his tail because he is happy and excited to see you, and at that moment, you feel welcomed.

 

            It’s a sunny day and you feel like going to the beach so you call your friends and invite them to go with you, but they’re all busy with homework. Family lives three hours away so there is no possible way for them to come. Your plans on going to the beach begin to break down. All of a sudden, your dog is sitting by your car with a flying disc in its mouth. You feel touched but, at the same time, your plans on going to the beach are back on track. You find yourself going to the beach with your truly best friend and actually having a good time tanning, reading a book and throwing a flying disc.

            We have all been in a situation (speaking for the guys) where we want to get a girl’s attention but there is no way to approach her or to even get her to look at us. There is no need of fancy clothes or fancy language to seem smart. The only things you need are a dog and a leash. Put your pants on and go take a walk with your dog (the park is a recommended place). Walk as much as you want but keep in mind that the moment you walk by a girl and she sees you, she will either smile or crouch to pet your dog. End of story - if you want a girl’s attention, get yourself a dog and it will be the best wingman ever.

 

            Three different stories that would make great sharing experiences involve a dog. Now image having a dog every day to make you company and show you what being a best friend really is. There are so many pets to choose from but so few give you anything back. A dog naturally gives you love and company, even if you don’t ask for it; and that, my friend, is the real meaning of friendship - being there at all times.

© 2013 Javier Perello


Author's Note

Javier Perello
Was written for a class

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on December 8, 2013
Last Updated on December 12, 2013

Author

Javier Perello
Javier Perello

San Pedro Sula, Cortes, Honduras



About
Easy-going person more..