Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire

Main Characters: 
Kaida Libelle Ryoko, Captain of the Storm Chaser, Empress of Pirates, Scourge of the Oceans, Dragoness of the High Seas.
Erin Shipbreaker, General Scarzo's daughter and Captain Ryoko's long-time enemy.
General Scarzo, commander of the Shipbreaker Battalion.
Anderson Reilly, the Bandit King.

Crews:
Storm Chaser: the ship belonging to Captain Ryoko and her crew. They are the most accomplished pirates in the entire world (not an exaggeration) and worked hard to get the title.
Shipbreaker Battalion: lead by General Scarzo Shipbreaker, they are an anti-pirate army sworn to destroy pirates-- or die trying. Scarzo's daughter Erin is his second-in-command and does most of the dirty work with her personal guard.
The Bandit King's Army: comprised of every thief, bandit, and mercenary in the Continents who cares to join, the Bandit King's army can be summoned at any time through an intricate programming spell linked to the identical tattoos they all receive upon joining.

World Notes:
Our story takes place on the planet Kai, which has an atmosphere similar enough to Earth's to sustain human life and much of the plant and animal life we are familiar with. Most of the planet is made up of water and small islands, but there is a cluster of land masses called the Continents located near the planet's equator to the south.
The Continents are ruled by monarchies, but the king or queen from each Continent is also part of the United Continents Alliance. The UCA creates equal laws for all the Continents. If one monarch is behaving in a way that endangers the Continents as a whole, the rest of the UCA can remove them from office.
Kai is a very technologically advanced planet. The ships used to get from Continent to Continent, or the smaller islands around the world, can navigate almost any weather, and can every fly if necessary. The pirates' ships are made differently, and though each crew's ship is obviously different from the next, there are a few key similarities that carry along the line: high speed, durability, et cetera. A few pirate ships, usually the Pirate Empress's ship and those of her most trusted pirate allies, can use mirrors or advanced programming to create the illusion of invisibility or have cannons that fire ship-destroying missiles.
Though there are pirate bases on every Continent, most of the pirates' permanent homes are on the many tiny islands that litter the Oceans. On one of the biggest is the Empress's castle. Another larger island holds the Bandit King's lair. Still another, close to the Continents, is the headquarters of the Shipbreaker Battalion.
While technology is the main event on Kai, there are also Sorcerers who use programming spells to alter reality. The Sorcerers originally came from the nearby planet of Jadis, the only other human-inhabited planet in the Torrention System. The Sorcerers' programming magic runs their planet in place of tech. The Sorcerers and the UCA are constantly battling. The Sorcerers think technology is an abomination and should be destroyed. Many residents of Kai have the same opinion on programming magic and magic in general.

[I might add to this later] 


© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Copycat! You're stealing my ideas! Stealer!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

5 Years Ago

I didn't mean to copy your ideas =|
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

5 Years Ago

Uh... Adventures Aboard the Black Beauty, hello? I came up with that in December. Of last year.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
1 Review
Added on July 23, 2018
Last Updated on July 23, 2018
Tags: Scourge of the Sea, Kaida Libelle Ryoko, the Storm Chaser


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire