A Nightmare.

A Nightmare.

A Story by Jess Holden

"You lied to me.." his voice was raspy and low, his eyes dull and lifeless.

 

How?

 

"You said you'd never forget me! But you have!" I could hear his childish voice cry out, filling the distance between us with tension and anger. He turned and began to walk away, before I attempted to scream after him.

 

Jacob wait, I called, please, I love you.

 

"No you don't! You don't want me! You didn't want me!"

 

Jacob please, let me explain...

 

"No! You got rid of me! Why didn't you just give me a chance?!"

 

I stood there, the distance seeming bigger and bigger, but Jacob's features never left my mind: his short borwn hair, chubby cheeks, and short stature.

 

I couldn't bare to bring my mind to the reasons why I couldn't keep Jacob; why I couldn't keep my first child.

 

Please, I love you I do, but... I sighed, I never loved your father.

 

"So you punish me?! Why mommy! Why!"

 

I felt my knees give way beneath me, as I collapsed on the ground, loud cries echoing the distance now, as I recalled the last moments of his father's life...

 

I didn't want a reminder of what he did to me, Jacob!

 

Jacob's face was shoked, but had a sense of relief; this was the answer he wanted.

 

"I love you mommy."

 

Stay away from him Jacob, he never wanted you.

 

"I will," and with that, he turned and disappeared into the darkness, leaving me in a pool of my own tears, the only sounds besides crickiets, were my deep, loud sobs.

 

© 2012 Jess Holden


Author's Note

Jess Holden
inspired by Nightmare on Elm Street 5, between Alice and Jacob, but... different.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ohhh This kept me on my toes from the beginning to the end at first I thought this Jacob guy was a lover of some sorts . Any who I think this was really good ,I like how you wrote it and kept the suspense .Good Job !!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


interesting.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 15, 2012
Last Updated on June 15, 2012