The Seahorse Pet

The Seahorse Pet

A Story by Jherica
"

Part 2 of Tales of Aleah, the Mermaid Princess

"

 

The Seahorse Pet

 

Aleah and Andy set out on an adventure.  All of the seahorses in the sea castle move to the volcanoes near the Philippines.  The sea horse buggies needed new drivers so Aleah and Andy were sent to get new ones.  They set at once as Aleah packed up her things like clam meat, cooked seaweed, and seasonings such as pepper, salt, and lemon lime mix.

They were told to go to the Arctic Ocean to hire a group of weedy sea dragons.  Andy had heard that they like to hide and be sneaky because they look like seaweed.  That helps them stay camouflaged.

        First they headed to the Indian Ocean where they met up with a Knifetooth sawfish.  He told us he was a critically endangered species.  That meant there weren’t many of them and may soon be extinct.

        After that they ran into a coelacanth which was thought to be extinct, but surprisingly wasn’t. 

        They moved on to the Southern Ocean where they met an ammonite whom the humans think are extinct but in fact are not at all.  They choose to stay hidden so they can’t be eaten or dissected like their relatives.

        Aleah asked the ammonite named Spiral, “Have you ever met a Weedy Sea Dragon?”

        He said, “No, I don’t recall.”  He had a British accent and said he traveled here from the coast of England. 

        Next Andy and Aleah saw a lot of jewelry and pieces of what looked like a fairy boat.  One of the pieces had the name of the ship on it. 

 

        Titanic

 

        Aleah read it aloud.  Aleah found a heart with pearl beads all around it.  She took the necklace and clasped it around her neck.  

        Andy was looking all around at everything else.  When he saw the necklace he told her he’d seen it before.  It was called the Heart of the Ocean necklace.

        Since they were far north in the Atlantic Ocean, they stayed a little while to look more at the ship.  They swam to the top and saw an iceberg and wondered if it was the same one that sank the Titanic.

Finally, they made it to the  Arctic Ocean.  They saw the  Gakkel ridge where there was not much lava.  It was a volcano , but it just kind of oozes out slowly not flows.  Behind the Gakkel they saw all the baby weedy sea dragons.  They chose the smallest two because they wanted them to grow slowly so they could have a long time with them.

Next they set off to find some food.  Since Aleah was good at cleaning and making things, she crafted four food and water bowls.  Two for each dragon.

       The names of these dragons were Bolto and Rosie.  Andy and Aleah slept before they left the next morning and looked for their new pets.  They had hid together in the seaweed a couple of yards from where they lived.  They were sly little devils like the Big Bad Shark from the Three Little Seals story.  Aleah and Andy grew up hearing that story their whole lives.

       They finally made it back home after tricking the two pets.  On the way home they saw a couple of middle aged sea horses in Pacific Ocean near the Philippine Plate where our sea horses moved to the volcanoes.  They went the opposite way home in hopes of seeing them.

       They grew up to be great buddy drivers and both married and had baby weedy sea dragons.  They lived happily ever after.

 

Then End 

© 2013 Jherica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on July 20, 2013
Last Updated on July 20, 2013
Tags: mermaids, seahorses, adventure

Author

Jherica
Jherica

MS



About
I love to read, write, and really enjoy fantasy books, as well as other genres. more..

Writing