Bus, stop in the name of love.

Bus, stop in the name of love.

A Story by swearwolf
"

He's just not that into you.

"

One evening I found myself in the fortunate position to witness somebody's 'They just aren't that into you' moment and their priceless reaction.

Travelling on the bus to Bury I saw a small group of people waiting at the bus stop including a teenage girl around about 14 years old waiting with a boy of similar age. They were sharing the same personal space, facing each other closely, her hands stuffed into in the pockets if his hoody. She whispered in his ear before she boarded the bus and quickly made her way upstairs. In a selfless act of devotion to her boy friend she opened the window and threw her bus pass out of the window towards the boy whom she had been waiting with in the aim of him being able to get on the bus for free. She flung the pass as best she could in his direction, the slight autumn breeze making the ticket corkscrew through the air. The boy picked up the pass off the damp floor. Coldly he put it in his pocket, turned and walked away. The doors closed and the bus accelerated into traffic to continue its journey.

How did the poor girl handle this brutal rejection? Well, as any self-respecting person would.

Despairingly she pushed her face through the small opening and shouted "WAIT THERE!" out of the window. She then leaped down the stairs and demanded to be let off the bus. After the driver politely explained he could only stop at designated stops she screamed. "Let me off the bus you F*****G KNOB HEAD!!"

The bus driver ignored the frantic girl and calmly concentrated on the road. She realised the bus wouldn't stop so she desperately pulled on the door with all her strength and squeezed her way through the slim gap she created like a fish slithering out of a wet hand. She tried to hit the ground running but fell instantly like she’d been lassoed at the ankles. She hit the ground hard and couldn't hide the grimace or the limp as she hobbled up wounded before jogging off back to the bus stop.

I hope for her sake she learnt a valuable lesson. Don’t trust people so easily and a little thing called Momentum.

© 2017 swearwolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on November 1, 2017
Last Updated on November 1, 2017
Tags: Love, Heartbreak, Dating, Humor, Funny

Author

swearwolf
swearwolf

Somewhere, Up North, United Kingdom



About
Giving writing a go... more..

Writing