"All Good Things Must Come To An End"

"All Good Things Must Come To An End"

A Story by Jack Buckner
"

No matter how good it is, all things must come to an end.

"

“All Good Things Must Come To An End”

By John Smith

 

            Gary knew what he had to do. He made up his mind. He was going to kill her. He just didn’t know how…at first. The very thought of her being in the same bed with him was enough to drive him completely insane. Unfortunately for him, it wasn’t the first time.

It all began around two years ago when he caught her in bed with a much younger and fitter man. She swore she changed…and he believed her. But some how he knew. He knew she was at it again. She began staying out late. She was hanging out with her “girlfriends” again. All he needed was the proof.

When he was doing laundry one after noon in the basement of their two-story home, he noticed a small piece of paper in her coat pocket. He pulled it out and unscrambled it. The paper read on it:

SEE YOU TOINGHT DARLING! 7PM SHARP AT THE HARPETH MOTEL ROOM 100. LOVE RICHARD.

His face turned red with anger and he crumbled up the paper. ‘Why don’t you just kill her?’ He thought to himself. ‘I can’t do that!’ ‘Come on, do you have hair on your peaches or what?’ He thought back and forth with himself. ‘I at least have to know the truth.’ He said to himself as he walked over to the staircase and walked up the stairs into the main hallway of the house. He walked over to the front door and grabbed his long black coat. He put it on and walked outside to his Green Jeep. Gary opened the door and leaped into the Jeep and started it. He quickly backed out of the driveway and ran over the Waste Management garbage can in the process.

The motel was only about five minutes away from their home. ‘Please God, let it not be true! Let the room be empty.’ He thought to himself while pulling into the parking lot of the motel. Gary put the Jeep into PARK and got out of it. He walked into the front door of the motel and to the front desk. The lady at the desk was big and had fine peach fuzz like blonde mustache under her nose.

“Can I help you sir?” She asked Gary.

“Yes, my wife is in the shower and I left my key in the room can I get an extra one?” Gary asked her.

“Sure. What room?” She asked him.

“Room 100.” He said with confidence. She stood up from her chair and warbled over to the cubbyholes with the keys in them. She reached her hand in the hole reading 100 at the base of it. She pulled out what looked like a prehistoric key. The woman wobbled back to the desk and handed the key to Gary.

“Thank you.” He said grabbing the key and walking out the door to the rooms. He traveled around looking for room 100. When he finally found it he leaned up against the red metal door.

‘Should I do it? Don’t do it! Turn around! The foundation of marriage is trust.’ He thought to himself getting off the door and turning his back to it. ‘But still I got to know the truth.’ He thought to himself again and turned back to face the door. He pulled the tarnished key out of his coat pocket and slid it into the door. He turned the key and the door swung open.

Across from where he stood was Vickie, his wife, and Jerrod Banks, a local lawyer, laid in bed side by side. When the door swung open Vickie jumped off of him and covered herself up the blankets. The key fell to the floor as Gary’s mouth dropped open. He ran over to the foot of the bed.

“No! How could you do this to me b***h? How could you f**k him?” He screamed to her. Tears began to roll down her face.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Gary, please calm down.” She said ashamed of herself.

“Hey man, back off her! Who the hell do you think you are? We didn’t even get to finish!” Jerrod said smartly. With tears rolling down his face, Gary turned around and ran out the door and to his Jeep.

“Gary!” Vickie cried out. Gary got in his Jeep and started it up. He whipped the tears from his face and put it into DRIVE. He quickly drove off and returned to home. That’s when he made his decision. He knew at that moment he was going to kill her. When he got home he walked up the stairs and to his home office. He opened up the drawer pulling out a loaded pistol. He admired it for a moment before shoving it back into the drawer. He noticed that his wife’s white Jeep drove up into the driveway. She jumped out and ran inside.

Vickie ran up the stairs and into the office of her husband to explain herself. She walked in the doorway and looked into his tear filled eyes.

“Gary, let me explain.” Vickie started as she walked over to the desk.

“Explain what? That you were f*****g the lawyer. I assure you that I understand that. He began to slowly open the top drawer and grab the pistol.

“Okay, I know what it looked like but…” She started.

“But what?” He screamed standing up as he pulled out the gun. What was he trying to put it in Vickie? Huh? What?” He screamed as he pointed the gun at her.

“Gary, put the gun down.” She started.

“No! What the hell should I listen to you b***h?” He screamed at her as tears and beads of sweat began pouring down his face and his hand began shaking.”

“Gary, listen to me. Put down the gun.” She said as she began sobbing.

“No!” Gary screamed as he puled the trigger firing into her breast. She dropped to her knees and fell to the floor. “Shut the f**k up Vickie! Just shut the f**k up.” He said. Gary walked over and knelt down besides her rolling her over. He kissed her one final time. “Everything must come to and end Vickie. All things must come to an end.” He said with a sick smile on his face.


Copyright 2013 by John Smith

Courtesy of True Crime Publishing House

A division of TTP Entertainment

© 2013 Jack Buckner


Author's Note

Jack Buckner
I have been wanting to do another crime story for a while. This is it. Please send comments and reviews! Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This isn't a bad story, but it is fairly predictable.

However, don't let that annoy you. I also think that this is a solid base to build from if, you were inclined to take the story a little further and put some unusual twists in it. Just a couple of ideas offhand were - the wife is a mob killer, or a CIA operative working in the US, or a con artist, or a serial killer. Those were just a few that came to me over a few seconds. A little more thought could probably offer up many more alternatives.

I'd really slowing down the pacing down a bit and build up the suspense of what is going to happen. You actually tell the entire story in the first paragraph, but as an alternative you could follow the character as he confirms his suspicions. It's always better to "show" your story than to "tell" it to the reader.

If you do a re-write, send it my way. I'd like to see the next version.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Buckner

10 Years Ago

Will do! Thank you for reading it!



Reviews

This isn't a bad story, but it is fairly predictable.

However, don't let that annoy you. I also think that this is a solid base to build from if, you were inclined to take the story a little further and put some unusual twists in it. Just a couple of ideas offhand were - the wife is a mob killer, or a CIA operative working in the US, or a con artist, or a serial killer. Those were just a few that came to me over a few seconds. A little more thought could probably offer up many more alternatives.

I'd really slowing down the pacing down a bit and build up the suspense of what is going to happen. You actually tell the entire story in the first paragraph, but as an alternative you could follow the character as he confirms his suspicions. It's always better to "show" your story than to "tell" it to the reader.

If you do a re-write, send it my way. I'd like to see the next version.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Buckner

10 Years Ago

Will do! Thank you for reading it!
Really good story..well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Buckner

10 Years Ago

Thank you!
It is a glimpse into the tortured mind of a jealous man. Of course, he is going to be caught...

Just one criticism...you wrote "He whipped the tears from his face." This seems to be a common mistake. The word you are looking for is "wiped". Every time I see that particular mistake, it distracts me from the story.
The story itself is very good. It is a "psychological thriller"...

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jack Buckner

10 Years Ago

Thank you Angel!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

436 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013
Tags: psychological thriller, shock, John Smith, crime fiction