Dreams...

Dreams...

A Story by Juan
"

It's called dreams but more of a nightmare

"

Needles tingle the top layer of skin on my feet, the heater is broken and my bones are cold... in one fluid motion the chilled air circulates through my nasal cavity and throat making my head feel like a hollow igloo, why are the feet always the coldest limb? I take a deep hesitant breath and release a white cloud over to my left, as it fades away a warm smile is there to greet me, her smile is so warm I feel myself thaw out a little bit, she turns to keep her eyes on the road.

I notice that she dosent seem to be affected by the cold like I am. Were on a long stretch of road that seems to have no ending and everything around us including the road is a dirty white, like a gray desert, no buildings just sporadic branches covered in gray dirty snow falling from nowhere... miles of nothing..

She touches my hand and the warmth is acknowledged with a joyful grin on my face, her smile is captivating, her eyes are onyx pearls with soft lashes surounding them, wavy locks of brown hair accent her face, if it werent for the sudden trembling I would have just kept staring at her..

At first I just thought it was just the car dealing with the temperatures being below zero but soon the trembling became like a train roaring behind us and then the roar became so loud, the car shook like we were hitting dozens of speed bumps at 80 miles an hour, quickly I glance in her direction but there is no response, she just continues to drive.

I looked over and saw my window fogged...a second later I realized that it was from the outside, as it faded an eye the size of my head, glazed in a yellow coating of sludge appeared I jumped away from the window as far as I could without actually sitting in her lap and driving the car. It moved away and ran along side of us, pounding the ground and shaking the earth giving me enough time for a better look..greenish black hair in shaggy clumps, four sets of twisted dingy sand colored horns protruding from the sides and front of its head...

Moving closer to us again, I see it part its lips and bare two sets of jagged sepia tinted teeth and between them a long copper tongue dripping thick red saliva slips out and licks the window, I look back at her for a second but she is still oblivious, a howl liberated from within this solid mammoth compels me to cover my ears and the windows to crack, with that howl released it charges us...its horns pierce the car and my side, sending us rolling and smashing into the ground..glass and metal flying everywhere, my side is being ripped open more and more as our bodies are tossed around and bashed in our mangled chariot and what seems to be our likely eternal coffin.

After a few more slams the momentum slows down and we come to a stop I'm almost ready to pass out when I notice that she isnt in the car. I release my seat belt and fall out the car effortlessly I barely have any strength left in me but I crawl on the ground trying to regain anything I can. Other than the wind lightly blowing it is silent and the creature is nowhere to be found..

I continue to crawl and look for her, the snow is falling now but upon closer inspection I notice that what I believed was snow is nothing more than ash...I look forward and see a trail of red leading to a small hill of clothing. Closer and closer I get and the blood trail increases till I finally see her, eyes wide open expressionless I pull her close to me,the warm smile now gone, her beautiful eyes now dull. I begin to tear up and an overwhelming sadness takes over... I look up and scream to God "What the f**k did we do?"

A split second later from the sky an enormous hand comes down over me but stops short in mid air.The earth shakes again but this time its not because of the creature, I notice that the hand is lightly swaying back and forth like a music conductor above us and then I realize that the ash is coming down harder and that the hand is withdrawing it's maestro grip of air, everything is once again calm but I have nothing left and cant hold on any more, my eyes are starting to close now and I just want to sleep...

A f*****g snow globe, I'm in a f*****g snow globe...
 

© 2009 Juan


Author's Note

Juan
No more cake before bed..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on June 24, 2008
Last Updated on February 16, 2009

Author

Juan
Juan

Greenfield, WI



About
Some find it disturbing, some find it amusing others are indifferent when they realize that my writing has a bit of fact to it..generally from my own experiences. Most importantly I'd like to say "I w.. more..

Writing
w.i.p. w.i.p.

A Story by Juan


Mass production.. Mass production..

A Story by Juan