Following the plan...

Following the plan...

A Story by Juan

Nostalgically illuminated, hundreds of dancing flames sporadically yet factioned adorn this serene sanctuary...Relics of a selfless martyr, and the pungent aroma of incense and musk also inhabit this goth-like structure.

My foot steps echo sharply announcing my entrance to the flickering shadows...As I approach what I have facetiously named "Pandoras 7x5 holybox", I am overcome by an ornery anxiousness..

I reach for the polished doornob, pull the door open and sit down in this small claustrophobic doll house, a few seconds later and a fond memory of hide and seek brings out a cheshire grin across my ugly mug.."SKLAT!" the little window is opened, even without my sight i know this man is on the verge of obesity. He speaks in a firm yet mouth breather fashion and before he can finish his" when was your last confession" speach I say I'm not in the mood and that my faith is rooted in fear not love, hes shocked and begins to address and debate my so called dilema..

Once again I cut him off by saying " Father your silence is in dire need at this moment, I've but a few questions to ask and a few words to say so please allow me to continue because your faith, your words and your actions will eventually either eliminate or renew someones life...

I don't wait for a response and continue "my" sermon...There can be no Good without Evil and vice versa , not only in Christianity but also in other religions is this balance apparent, correct father? A throat clearing cough, a heavy sigh and finally the word yes emerges from the this wooden window of judgement or window of guidance depending on your religious experiences...

The darkness has attempted to sway my attention but the anger that marinates in my soul keeps my focus on the task at hand, we are blessed with free will father, encouraged by both the righteous and the wicked, delivered to a Utopian eternity or a state of eternal bad karma either way reaping what we have sown..our choices, our end results..

I hear him take a deep breath before replying "this is all true, but what is your point? what are you trying to say?" As I begin to speak once more, subconsciously I slide my hand across the the inside of this box, searching for a splinter to pierce my skin and reassure my mind that this is not a rage induced illusion..For the most part people are either good or bad...which leads me to believe that in order to conserve the balance we spoke of earlier there will be gray areas where martyrs will come into play to keep the playing field level.."Blaspheme will not be tolerated!" he shouts quietly before searching for more breath to fill his lungs...

Not blaspheme, just an opinion, "MY" opinion..for example, let us assume that I go through life without killing, raping or commiting some other heinous crime, that I am a heavy drinking, skirt chaser but that I am also a wonderful husband, father and just an all around good person with a few little vices..there are two positions to fill in order to keep the balance, one for heaven the other for hell...mother Tereasa and I are the subjects filling these spots ,where do I go father?

"REPENT!" he bellows quietly, and YOU will be welcomed with open arms...I laugh and and reply this is what amuses me about christianity, you declare that there is a balance to Gods plan but then you say that if I repent that all is forgiven, So I say " God please forgive me for raping and killing that 8 year old girl and I'm exonerated?" Sorry, it may work like that in your world but not in mine...

I was created to suffer, to be raped, to seek vengeance and evovle into this, a murderer...I have excepted my fate of becoming a statistical martyr for the sake of filling Hades quota.. THIS conversation is over! he responds..... "CRASH!" I have found my splinter and then some as I put my fist through the window and confirm that my existence is in reality and not in a fabricated illusion, I grab hold of the priest and feel his shirt damp with sweat and his hot breath on my hand. I pull him close and whisper three words "Gods special punishment" he almost collapses hearing these words so I pull him up and bring the gun closer to his face, he now looks at me with a look of terror that he must have NEVER seen on my face...

You took my life away, intimacy is nothing more than anger and hatred..an eye for an eye father...WE are martyrs, WE are the gray that need to be sorted..."God has forgiven me" he mumbles in fear...All in Gods plan father I say, I almost feel pity when I see the fear and ease up on his collar but then I remember the pain he dealt without mercy, I am here to ensure that there is a balance, you helped enrich my faith with special care so now I repay you ...how strong IS your faith?..because there are two positions father with our names on them... I am content with my fate....what position will you occupy?....."click!"..."BOOM!"
 
 
 

© 2008 Juan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very scary.... whoa! .. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! OMG

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
1 Review
Added on June 26, 2008
Last Updated on October 9, 2008

Author

Juan
Juan

Greenfield, WI



About
Some find it disturbing, some find it amusing others are indifferent when they realize that my writing has a bit of fact to it..generally from my own experiences. Most importantly I'd like to say "I w.. more..

Writing
w.i.p. w.i.p.

A Story by Juan


Mass production.. Mass production..

A Story by Juan