Love, and dignity.

Love, and dignity.

A Poem by JulieNorell
"

A love story that doesnt make you want to gag! :)

"

I will see you again. I know I will. But I still miss you. I will live on until you return to me, but I will still feel your absence. I’m not going to lie in bed and cry until you get home, no matter how much I want to. I still have a life, a job, and friends, family. I can find something to distract myself. But I will still miss you. I will not go on without acknowledging your absence for then that would me that you mean very little to me. When you return I promise myself that I will not cry and throw myself at you. I will walk up poised, but do not think you will not feel how happy it makes me. My smile will be too big for my mouth. And I will hug you, not too long, but long enough to know that I have you back. Go. Fight for our nation and the lives of others. Know I love you, but I also love my dignity.

© 2011 JulieNorell


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great poem i love the way you display your emotions. And i realy like how you dont want to put all your feelings on the table. Great write. Really enjoyed reading this. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


a story of a girl finding empowerment, to love another you must be true to your self.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Excellent heartfelt write! Great flow!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nicely said! Wonderful flow and powerful heartfelt words. Your hold lots of sadness but stranth at the same time! Very wonderful work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


poise indeed :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sweet sentiments, but will you carry them off? (me) (mean)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well done!! I loved this. It was such a great write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good!!!!! i can relate to it: just because you miss someone, doesnt mean you have to give up everything. its good. 100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 19, 2011
Last Updated on March 1, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..