Our Story

Our Story

A Story by Kat
"

This is a letter to my best friend that I had to leave behind when I moved halfway across the country. I did end up sending this to her. The names have been changed.

"

Dear Hade,

I remember the times in middle school when I would go and sit over at the wall after lunch and wait for the rest of the class to get there. I’d usually be talking to someone around me when you showed up and sat on the wall. We had some small talk about jokes or something stupid like that. We never really became friends, just acquaintances. Than when homeroom classes switched we never really talked again. Than freshman year came and we still never talked. I never saw you, you never saw me. We had two completely different groups of friends. I didn’t even really have friends. It was just the people that would put up with me, the people that also had no friends (now I realize that it was for a reason). We had one class at the same time, gym, but I still never talked to you. I hung out with two girls that I would soon never talk to ever again. One of them introduced me to Andrea. A girl I never liked and thought I would NEVER be friends with. But it happened and I did become friends with her. The girl that introduced me to Andrea ended up being a backstabber and, like I said, I never talked to her again. From there I hung out with Andrea during gym and she hung out with you. You and I ended up having some very stupid inside jokes from that point on because I wanted to be your friend too. I wanted to have that friendship triangle. I was used to not having friends, so when I ended up getting two of them I was happier than ever! You and I got closer and soon I knew so much about you. You, Andrea, and I were the three girls that were never apart. Andrea and I ended up being the girls that everyone hated but you have so many friends because you’re such a likeable person and you’re so beautiful! For a while everything was good, everything was perfect! We were teenagers getting into trouble! Than Andrea met Steven and things took a turn. Andrea became distant and got in LOADS more trouble, her family had issues and things just weren’t okay anymore. You and I still were good and we kept getting closer but Andrea just kept getting farther until she eventually stopped talking to us at all. It was just you and I. I don’t know how that affected you in the end but it must have been awful. She was your very best friend and I’m sorry that you lost her. On top of all that drama we found out that I’d be moving halfway across the country and might not be able to make it to your Quince. So both of your very best friends would be leaving you and I’m very sorry about that. But deep down I know that I don’t have to worry about leaving you because you have so many friends and so many people to help look out for you. It’s going to be so hard to let you go. It took me so long to find a best friend like you. You’re the best friend I’ve been wishing for since middle school. We’ve been through so much and we have so many memories together. I’ll always be your best friend. I’m sorry I haven’t had much time to hang out with you but I promise you will be the last one I see before I go. I love you Hade!

Your best friend,

Kat 

© 2017 Kat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on July 17, 2017
Last Updated on July 17, 2017
Tags: letter, friend, meaningful

Author

Kat
Kat

WA



About
I'm an anxious, antisocial mess of a teeenager. I've never shared any of my writing accept with an english teacher and my mother. I'm a complete disaster. more..

Writing
Kenny Kenny

A Story by Kat