Taken in the deep

Taken in the deep

A Chapter by Firecrystal1092
"

Ocean is just a normal typical girl, with a rather strange name, with a obession with the wide open sea and hungers for adventure to whisk her away from her normal routinue.

"
 The air was chilly, a bit too chilly for my taste. I live by the sea, its always cold and normally I'm used to it, but today felt more cold then usual,  I could see my breath when I went to take the trash out this morning! I watched people scurry about, from my normal safe boring life. I wish for my life to be more adventurous but sadly, that is a fantasy that will never be satisfied no matter how much I crave it, or desire for change it might never come. 

My name is Ocean. Ocean Brooks. I have a crazy obsession with fishing, sailing, shell collecting and studying water, I once did a essay on why it is important to properly clean a beach. I love the water, every opportunity, I get is spent in the wide open waters. 

I always find myself looking out at the beach closing my eyes and imagining myself as a mermaid with the gift of brilliant song and grace as I ventured deeper in the depths. I could not explain it but, I felt connected towards the sea, like I belonged there or something, I know it sounds crazy. But, sometimes I wonder if maybe I'm right. 

I lived in a small apartment complex in a town that looked like a cross between San Jose and San franisco had big hills on the road and tight compacted buildings mushed together. With a fancy downtown and a shady neighborhood that  was dirty and depressing.

 Luckily, we live in a good part of town, it was not super fancy, but it will do for now, my mom loves the house and I love it as well despite its weak old hardwood floors that squeak with every movement everyone always afraid to move to fast because of the floor. 


My Mother works at a aquarium so I get to see dolphins,fishes,sharks and other Aquatic life move about in those tiny confined spaces. I'm a major animal rights activist and always voice my concern about the animals. My mother has this strange ability to connect with the murine life, they like her and she likes them, and when she speaks its as if they can understand her. 

I do not know much about my mother's past, I try not to pry, but I could not help but, wonder what my father was like, mother says he died, but I do not think that is true. Because every time I bring him up, she gets uncomfortable about her time with dad, and tries to avoid the subject. 

So, every time everybody asks me about my father I make something up each story told seemed more and more far fetched as I go along because to be honest I'm not the best liar. When I lie I ran my fingers through my hair and stare down at the ground not wanting to look up. 

My mom has yet to reveal her real name but, I call her Tiger shark. Tiger shark had deep green eyes with short manageable hair, her nose was covered with freckles and her face held beauty that made all the younger single women jealous. 


The  day started off in the normal tide that always seems to sweep through my life, it was long boring and stressful. At least it started out that way. I had just started high school and I already do not fit in with all those preppy high school girls with shorts that went to their thighs and make up so heavy that they were barely human. 

The boys were not much better, their pants so low, that I had to wonder how that could ever be interpreted as cool. My clothes were more modest, I wore a blue sweater with cut off shoulders  a white conch shell on the front, with dark green shorts that went down just past my knees with dark blue sneakers. 

Today, my math teacher Mrs. William had decided to give a pop quiz on P.E.M D.A.S which I dreaded because I did not even study for it, she had informed us of it a few weeks ago, but my mother and I had to tend to a injured baby seal that  named Jewel and me, being the animal freak that I was decided to volunteer to over see its health. 

When I tried to tell her this, she grunted at me with disbelief and did not even believe the story even though I held a picture of the injured seal on my phone, she did not even look down she just gave me a D and  detention for being disruptive. I rolled my eyes and sat back down in my seat. 

I sat with a in a mad huff, I crossed my arms over my chest and mumbled under my breath on how stupid teachers were. When suddenly the door opened to reveal a tall stocky kid with blue hair and grey eyes they almost seemed white from a distance the boy stumbled slightly as if he were learning to walk for the first time, I looked at him with confusion wondering why I never noticed him in class before. 

"Ah right on time, Class time to face forward." Mrs. William said with impatience waiting for the students to face her, once everyone stopped talking and faced forward and it became silent pretty fast,When they  noticed the tall skinny boy sitting down in the previously empty desk. 

"Oh, that is why I never seen him he is new". I said to myself as I smiled a bit, he was kind of cute, sure he was no body builder but he seemed interesting. His eyes were fascinating to me, they reminded me of the great white sharks that swim around in the aquarium. 

I got up and sat down in the chair beside him that was also empty today because the student that normally sat there was sick or cut class today knowing that the test was today I wished I had cut class too until now. 

" Hello, how are you".

The boy did not speak he just did a few gestures in sign language, which I answered to kindly. My mother has a friend that has a deaf daughter named Shelly, we hang out occasionally so I have to use sign language around her, but I desperately wanted someone I can talk to Shelly maybe able to hear me but, I can not talk to her. A least not with my own voice. 

"Can you speak"? I asked him

The boy shook his head and then explained that his people were taught not to speak around people that they do not trust, he says that he is not from here, he is from a place were water is clean, and where flowers grow under the deep restless waves.

Suddenly he signed for me to close my eyes, as I closed them  I felt a hand on my forehead, but  before I could ask what was happening I got a rush of adrenaline through my veins as I saw visions of mermaids, Sea gods, water dragons, and a noble king a upon his thrown a whole civilization in a dome under the sea. 

I felt my head spin and my body fall back a bit I grabbed a desk to keep myself steady wondering how to comprehend what I just saw. I looked at the strange boy feeling more interested by him by the minute. 

 The visions not only told me about his culture but about his name. Gray White or to be more specific Great white. He is a a cross between a human and a shark. He has gills and the sharp teeth but not the fins. But, he did have webbed feet. 

The funny thing is I have webbed feet, I was born with them. I do not why, but I always felt like I did not belong on top of the water, even as a  little girl I found myself drawn to the water. If what I saw was real then I had to see it. 

" Is this real what you showed me I whispered before miss William could scold me on talking in class again and separate me and the boy. 

Gray  titled his head and then looked around the room and then did something I thought he would never do he opened his mouth and spoke so softly that even when he leaned in and whispered in my ear I could hardly hear it. 

" Yes, I have come to get you, to take you back into the deep your father is waiting for you and your mother to come home". 


To be continued...








 


© 2015 Firecrystal1092


Author's Note

Firecrystal1092
I just came up with this randomly but I want to see how this goes. I hope it is something worth reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on October 26, 2015
Tags: Adventure, Romance, Supspense, Girl heroes, Literature, Self discovery, and Comming of age


Author

Firecrystal1092
Firecrystal1092

About
I have been writing since I was a small child, I hope to be a published author. I like to write about Girl enpowered stories,because I feel like there is not enough role models for girls to look up t.. more..

Writing