Oceanus

Oceanus

A Poem by K.S.78

Oceanus

K.S. 6/10/13

 

I threw three coins into the Trevi Fountain my love.

 

Tell me all the sounds of waves you feel have gone unheard.

Maybe someday I can be your siren again swimming in your depths.

For now, is there any part inside and on my shore you don’t fear?

I need you to love me even when I am broken.

When I’m scattered grains of sand like you left me.

 I am fragmented unknowing.

What melody do you fear is out of tune?

Large windows in an unclear sky let the sound in too.

Tell me why instead of seeing pure white or green we see red.

Things are not always black and gray or even blue.

Why don’t you call the lightning a flicker?

Do you give up trying to swim out of this layer?

The place you have resided in for years?

Still I crash into you dear.  Or is it you who crashes sea to shore?

Together for eternity as we once were and as we should be.

In the rain we made love and you had time in the spring,

 to spend on my land and see mountains of green.

What sort of maze have you been trapped in,

 and where can I find a garden in your coral reef?

Please turn around to find the window you left open for yourself,

 climb back into me, I can help you cope.

Your voice gets caught up in the thought of my questions.

Its okay I forgave you long before the blue hole, trenches,

and before sand covered the beaches.

I am growing impatient, I know I seem like I am a hurricane exacting havoc.

but look closer at the problem.

Scared and worried, fearful you will get hurt or trapped in a net.

You were the architect, the first that taught me how to self-destruct.

The glass on your window pane is cracked and leaking.

I am afraid love, I think you are flooding.

Heritage put that rock around your ankle,

but you created your own stubborn nature.

Swimming through your tears is what I will have left.

You can’t keep me from you now that you are sinking.

However I cannot let you drown for your love is still worth saving.

Even the ugliest things serve as morbidly sweet reminders of how I love these temperatures.

 

Listening to your chest every night I check for gurgling or rushing water.

It will come as a high cost to us.  For us to remain the same and get rid of the frost.

Oh but love between your new robotic parts and my lonely fluid heart I think we are worth it.

 

.

© 2013 K.S.78


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love this so much, it truly speaks for itself. You always captivate writers but this is surely one of my favorites so far that i have read by you. The picture you posted with your poem really adds to the depth of the piece. Amazing truly thank you for sharing. Can't wait to read more

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow! Such a wonderful poem, written so honestly, full of emotion that touches the heart and soul of the reader. Especially this line.

"Even the ugliest things serve as morbidly sweet reminders of how I love these temperatures."

Great write, KS, in my opinion, your best so far, loved it....

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Even the ugliest things serve as morbidly sweet reminders of how I love these temperatures." Really brilliant line that grips the heart. Great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"Oh for those three wishes I wish of your fate, your chance and your miracles of what your soul, your heart and your mind be put into the sky's everlasting night sky. As they not collide with the stars but together they dance in beauty of what you truly bring in the heart of this wish you have your heart set upon straight.

As to lie in the sky, woe to the landlubbers that know little to no perception of your depth and inconceivable beauty you are truly regaled with. For majesties of beauty and of color you truly bring great fire to where the beauty is ever more so persistent. Oh what coral reef and the forests of our land is oft we venture out to because a mirage of grand proportion exists as if they should not be there. It is unprecedented beauty that you truly have as there is a light like no other and forgotten they are not because their colors but the soul you have out. For what is her skin but the sands we walk upon as to the tiny bristles of her eyebrow but the tall grass we seek out where you are hiding from us. A life light like no other is a beauty of unforgettable moments because yours is of that. As she is our mother so is the beauty she has. For a thunder sunder her lovely smile she doesn't crack under pressure as those tears she reflect upon you and only you they reflect it with. She is the mother of our visage, our vessel that we solely crash on her feet but she forgives us.

For what color of our broken heart she colors it with her wonderful palette of love she has for us. Let us not only contemplate in what beauty she has but the beauty of her unconditional love is."

Rhea :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2013
Last Updated on June 10, 2013
Tags: Oceanus, greek, mythology, acient, rome, italy, trevi fountain, gods, goddess, poem, prose, poetry, love, romance, astrology, water, writing, lust, spite, vengence, titan, posidan, myth, fiction, literature, angst, world


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Carnivale Carnivale

A Poem by K.S.78


If You... If You...

A Poem by Saumya