Chapter 2: He's still there

Chapter 2: He's still there

A Chapter by Nene

Girl's POV

He was there, sitting behind the rock. I wondered how long had he been there. I couldn't see his face properly. He had probably slipped off the rock. I hoped he was hurt.

Why does it feel like I know this guy.

I was about to speak up when suddenly the boy looked up. Our eyes met for the first time in three years and it seemed as if he looked right through me.

He had black eyes, deep and mysterious. His hairs were now cut short and his smile wasn't there. It had disappeared that day. The day I had seen him for the last time. His eyes were kind of sorrowful now. They tried to hide an incurable pain. A pain maybe stronger than mine. Yet, they were strong and full of determination. I felt ashamed.

He slowly stood up, not looking away. I couldn't look away either. It was calm, very calm.

The winds had stopped and changed their directions. They blew past us towards the sea. The sun had already set, leaving behind faint crimson light. I could hear the seagull gowl as they flew back to their homes. It was peaceful yet haunting. His silence spoke a thousand words in a language alien to me while my eyes begged for an apology of the day I had sever our ties.

After what seemed like an eternity, he looked away and turned around to leave. I reached out to stop him but no words came out. And before I knew it, he was out of sight.

It was two days ago. But it felt like only yesterday.

I need to apologize. But how?

I twisted and turned in bed. It was no use.

I can't sleep tonight.

Getting up, I tiptoed towards the window and carefully opened it, eyeing my sisters every now and then. Thankfully no one woke up.

Once outside I closed it back and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I turned my back towards the house and ran away.

I needed to get away. Away from what? I knew not, but nonetheless I ran. Up ahead I saw the super market. It was open but I didn't stop as usual and instead took a right towards the beach.

By the time I arrived at my usual spot I was all out of breath. I slumped down, held my chest and gasped for breath. It took a while for me to calm down again. But then a gust of emotions overwhelmed me and before I knew it, tears began to stream down my face.

I didn't stop. I let them flow. I let them carry my emotions away from me. I let them wash away my thoughts until there was nothing left.

With my back leaning against a boulder I looked out at the sea. A new moon hung over the horizon. It's silvery light lightened everything up and a silhouette of the screnery could be seen. The same that I've been since I was 5.

Life as I remembered, was not always perfect, but it was peaceful. Peaceful in a sense that there weren't many regrets. I took life as it came to me and the word 'consequences' was unknown to me. Many things were, and still are, out of comprehension for me. I didn't always understood the matters of the world but then again I was never affected by them either.

And now? Life, as I know it, is falling apart. Trusts, built since forever, are crumbling away. Love, as it was, is fading away. Friendships, of the past, are breaking away. And me, myself and I am all alone.

The sand underneath my feet was cool. A chill ran up my spine as the water waves touched my feet. It felt divine. I took a deep breath and for a moment I felt free. I forgot about my worries, my mistakes, my broken heart and my wretched life.

I felt the breeze on my face and I let it conquer my thoughts. I took me away from my mind and into my heart to a day five years ago. The day when things were alright. When I had everything even though life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine.

The day I had seen him for the first time.


© 2017 Nene


Author's Note

Nene
So this is the second chapter!
Tell me what you think about it!
Comments and criticism is always welcomed down in the comments!
Thank you for stopping by!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on June 24, 2017
Last Updated on June 24, 2017


Author

Nene
Nene

In my own world



About
Me?? I love to write write write.. Nene's my nick name. No one actually calls me by my real name. I'm really into animations Especially Irish, Japanese, Chinese and much more I've been fond of .. more..

Writing
Sacrifice Sacrifice

A Poem by Nene