Love and Sin

Love and Sin

A Story by Kathrine Rethorn
"

A short story from writing club about a prostitute.

"
Lilly walked the streets of Dunmar her black hair down swaying across her practically naked back. Her navy blue skirt was skin tight and cut right under her a*s showing just the right amount of meat. She sashayed her way to her usual spot and waited for her next client to appear. She was lucky enough to have claimed the wealthiest street in the city. Not an easy feat being a lone wolf and all, but it helped she was willing to kill and the other walkers knew it. 
Not even ten minutes before a cherry red Mercedes Benz pulled up in front of her and rolled the passenger side window down. She leaned in her forearms resting on the open window, double D breast propped on them nearly popping out of her sparkling white fabric. She could smell the rich man's musky cologne, could almost feel it fill her body, blacken her skin. 
“You looking for a honey tonight, Mister?” She asked sweetly. Voice a false soprano. 
His expression was warm, sickeningly innocent. “How much?” His brown hair was slicked back with enough hair gel to see the reflection of the moon. His Jaw looked like a hammer and the 5 o'clock shadow that covered it made him look like a sexy greaser in his thirties.  
She pursed her lips and counted off her fingers like she was contemplating, “Two grand for entry. One grand for an hour of foreplay. Anything special will cost more depending on damage and exertion.”  
His eyebrows went up. “Expensive?” 
She tensed, “I’m clean, darling. Go on to the next block and you’ll smell the rot before you roll down your window.” 
Lilly heard the click of the releasing lock. She stepped in her hand immediately going to his crotch. Mister Richie was as hard as her mother's fake breasts. He pressed against his cotton slacks rather obviously.“You won’t regret it, Mister.” 
The night was long and the man wasn't easy. She made a good six grand and only had to suffer a few rope burns and sprained shoulder. He was even kind enough to let her use his shower and drive her back to her desired location.
But she didn't go back to her usually pick up spot instead she had him take her somewhere she could truly be cleansed. 
“Here?” The man snickered. 
Lilly rolled her eyes, “As should you, darling.”  She emphasized the pet name while glancing down at his still apparent hard on. 
He tsked, “F*****g Hypocrite.” 
Lilly ran to the back of the large Catholic church where she kept a duffel bag stuffed with her belongings. She threw on a pair of sweats and stuffed the money in her pockets before grabbing her Rosary Beads. She wrapped the old thing around her hands, the smooth wooden beads sending waves of comfort through her. They had been her grandmother's before she passed away. They gave Lilly the peace and love no one else could. 
A catholic prostitute was something to be laughed at, hell, she laughed at herself every time she stepped foot on the holy ground. Her client was right, Lilly was nothing but another hypocrite. She had nowhere else to go no other talents or accomplishments. This is what she was; who she was made into. This was and always would be her harsh reality. 
Lilly trudged back around and quietly opened the double doors decorated with tiffany glass depicting dear Saint Mary praying to the heavens. 
She hated this walk of shame. Each step down the aisle sent shocks up her legs and caused her heart to squeeze shut. Lilly's eyes began to sting and she could feel the flood building behind her eyes. She knelt on her knees at the altar, her beads threaded through her fingers, pressed to her face.  
“Here again, my child?” The kind voice of the Priest caressed her the warm hand that fell on her head released the floodgates and made her sob. 
“Forgive me, Father,” she hiccuped, “For I am a worthless sinner. With no right to ask, please continue to forgive me, for just a moment longer!” 

© 2017 Kathrine Rethorn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a great story. I wasn't a fan of the subject matter in the beginning, but it was written well, and I'm glad it never got too graphic. The ending caught me completely by surprise. I love that twist! I love the guilt she feels and the shades of gray. Very well done. This is the best story I've read on this site in a long time.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
I really dig the story here. It was the perfect contradiction to make it interesting and the dialogue was real.

His brown hair was slicked back with enough hair gel to see the reflection of the moon. - This line was ace, instantly imagined the greaser persona you were shooting for.

Good job, short stories are tough little pricks and you did a great job

Posted 6 Years Ago


Kathrine Rethorn

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
BBP

5 Years Ago

My pleasure!
This is a great story. I wasn't a fan of the subject matter in the beginning, but it was written well, and I'm glad it never got too graphic. The ending caught me completely by surprise. I love that twist! I love the guilt she feels and the shades of gray. Very well done. This is the best story I've read on this site in a long time.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This isn't the kind of thing I usually read but I actually love the concept. It's short, and yet I still empathised with your MC. Great stuff!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathrine Rethorn

6 Years Ago

Thank you!!
oh my god you're joking right please be joking if you're not even joking you treat the men here like s**t and act like a stuck up c**t when you know absoultiy f*****g nothing except for pissing off the people on here that matter what the f**k is wrong with you

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Davidgeo

6 Years Ago

You mad bro? I think you might have some significant anger problems. Seek treatment as soon as pos.. read more
BBP

6 Years Ago

Why don't you just get the f**k off this site already under your twenty five different personality p.. read more
river styx

5 Years Ago

she can say all this stuff on the computer but she won't say it to my face because she knows she'll .. read more
not bad I'd like to see some sex in this but this is your play and it's going well so far

Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kathrine Rethorn

7 Years Ago

Its supposed to focus more on her guilt and religion then erotic so i decided to leave a sex scene o.. read more
genocide

7 Years Ago

yeah that's cool I look forward to reading more of your work

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

531 Views
5 Reviews
Added on January 14, 2017
Last Updated on January 14, 2017
Tags: Sin, whore, prostitute, religion, sad

Author

Kathrine Rethorn
Kathrine Rethorn

IL



About
My name is Kathrine Rethorn. Obviously, I am a writer. Stories and poems. I focus on realistic horror, romance, occasional erotica and mystery. Themes are usually dark or serious. I have some hobbie.. more..

Writing