Charlie's Advice

Charlie's Advice

A Story by Phoenix Alleena
"

Often times, the best conversations are to people or things that won't really talk back to you.

"

Charlie’s Advice

 

  He sat under my large canvas drawing book, and looked up at me as if to say, “Hey! You’re not supposed to see me!”

  I laughed in my head, but quickly reverted back to the art contest I was planning on entering.

 “Charlie, the deer I sketched…well. It…looks pretty lame.” I admitted out loud. I waited, as his expression changed.

  “Dummy! Draw something else.” He seemed to say, rustling the rest of my art supplies in the bag he now hid in.

  Turning back to my sketch book, I doodled out a rabbit.

 “Definitely can find these in the ‘Upper Delaware National Park.” I said, rolling my eyes at the contest’s theme.

  “Charlie, this one’s good.” I said, pointing out my drawing.

  “I love it!” his brown eyes exclaimed, as his tail wagged like a dog’s. “Can I eat it, please?”

  I laughed out loud, and stood, picking my kitten out of the art supplies.

  “Charlie, you really shouldn’t be in there.”

I laughed as his eyes filled with defiance. I set him down again, and he immediately dove under the big canvas drawing book.

  “I’m part ninja. What did you expect?” he seemed to say, with an attitude this time

  “Ninja? You’re just a little kitty!” I pointed out, bending to scratch his ear.

  The sound of a kitten purring is symbolic of peace, so I left him to his own devices; thankful for the guidance he gave without really trying.

 

© 2008 Phoenix Alleena


Author's Note

Phoenix Alleena
Charlie really is my Cat, and these sort of things
happen often. Always getting into things. Anywho;
I'd love to know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh....how cute would he have looked when he looked at ur drawing book wanting to eat the rabbit....:D
I wish I had a pet too....:(
I love it Katie.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Firstly, I love Charlie's personality. He seems like quite a character. I love the way you've made the point that he never spoke the words or advice he implied, (of course he hasn't, he's a cat) but have shown how he implied to you. The picture I got in my head made me laugh a lot, and the final sentence certainly means a lot, hopefully just not to me.

Posted 15 Years Ago


^_^

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is an absolutely adorable little story with Charlie. It made me laugh when he said he wanted to eat your paper with the rabbit on it. I mean he's only a little kitten and I don't think he should be eating paper or rabbits, lol. So watch out for a cat that might eat some unusual things. Anyway - I'd really like to hear more about you and Charlie's encounters and adventures. =)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2008
Last Updated on September 5, 2008

Author

Phoenix Alleena
Phoenix Alleena

Amarynth



About
Hello there! It's time to edit my profile, no? My name; it's Katie, A. Morton to be exact. There's nobody like me; for I am one in a myriad of others. ---- I'm an aspiring English Teacher / Autho.. more..

Writing