The Child

The Child

A Story by Eliott
"

A strange, eery story about a curse.

"

Introduction

A young lady sat at a desk. She was expecting two others to be there soon. Had she come at the wrong time? Was the class already over?

Majestica was supposed to teach the class. She was a witch, but not an evil one, and she was supposed to teach the girl magic. She was supposed to teach Benjamin magic, too. Benjamin was a boy, not quite a young man yet. He wasn’t quite proper enough to be called a man yet, not mature enough. He was still a show-off, and liked to play pranks on people. Some of the pranks were really naughty.

The young lady knew that, if she had come at the correct time, the others should be there also. What she did not know was that Benjamin was here. He was sneaking in through a door in the back of the room. In one hand, he held a sharp knife.

Benjamin crept up behind the girl, ever so quietly. She did not hear him coming. He reached up and placed his hand around her long braid of hair, and with a fast swipe, he chopped it off with the knife.

The young lady felt her hair tugged, then heard a clank, followed by loud laughter. She spun around to see Benjamin standing there, cackling, and a shiny silver knife lying on the pile of her locks. A tear rolled down her cheek. She screeched.

Majestica stood unseen outside the door, peering in through the keyhole, keeping very unknown. The girl picked up the knife. Benjamin’s laughter stopped. He backed away.

The girl screamed in anger and sadness, and she threw the knife. It hit Benjamin in the stomach. He froze for a moment, then slowly toppled over. He was dead.

The girl stared, horrified, at what she had done. Slowly, she stepped forward and leaned down to pull the knife out of Benjamin’s body. She hurled it against the wall and broke it, then she ran from the room, sobbing.

She hadn’t meant to kill him…had she? Was she unaware of what she had planned to do?

Majestica help up a finger. She whispered a spell. Then, she went into the room, picked up Benjamin’s body, and carried it out.

An innocent child’s life began to change for the worse.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Child

This story is true. It is about a girl who has a change of heart. It is about how someone can be wicked, and then become pure-hearted and selfless.

I know that this story is true because I helped cause it to take place. I can change lives and futures, just by holding up my finger.

………………………………...........

 

A child was walking alone. It walked through many towns. People stared. The child did not stare back.

“Did you see that child? All alone?” the people would say.

“Poor thing”

“It never stops walking.”

“Could it be evil? A sign of something bad?”

“What is it doing all alone?”

“Is there something wrong with it?”

No matter how much people talked the child did not respond, and no one quite wanted to go near it. It walked past houses, forests, towns, never stopping. It walked for a long time.

One day, the child walked past a house belonging to a woman named Samantha. She was twenty-eight years old. She saw the child walking down the road and came straight out of the house. She heard one of the neighbors saying, “Naked down to the skin! Where are its clothes, I would like to know.”

Another one replied, “Enough attention for a simpleton! I’m sure that is what that child is.”

“You would think the child would at least say something!” the first remarked.

Samantha felt an odd feeling. Somewhere, a certain witch was once again lifting her finger. Samantha followed the strange, naked child. She did not know why, she just did.

The child came to a grassy field near the forest at the edge of town. It went into the grass and sat. Samantha waved at it. No response.

“Hello? What is your name?” she called.

No response.

“How old are you ? Are you lost?”

Nothing happened.

Samantha walked up and placed her hand on the skin of the child’s back. The child felt cold. If Samantha had not just seen it walking, she would have thought the poor thing was dead.

Samantha felt a strange connection to the child. She felt sorry for it, but she also felt something more. She couldn’t figure out what it was.

Samantha was thinking so hard about her strange emotions that she did not see the child creeping off into the weeds. She noticed it was gone, and could hear a noise coming from up ahead, so she went into the weeds. She saw something crouched down in the weeds, naked. It was small and wrinkled and bald. She looked at the face. It had pointed ears, yellow eyes, and two sharp teeth that hung out of its mouth.

Most people would have been disgusted, but Samantha felt strangely lonely. The thing looked sad and abandoned. She watched it creep toward a tree, climb silently up, and catch a barn owl. Then, with a sudden snap of its teeth, the thing killed the owl.

It ate the owl in quick gulps. As Samantha continued to watch over the next few hours, she saw it also kill and eat a raccoon and a coyote. Then it seemed to disappear.

Samantha went back to the trail, and as she walked along, she met the thing coming out of the weeds. Suddenly, she realized that the thing was the child! And, what was more, she could read its mind!

No, thought Samantha, not read its mind. I can feel its sadness, FEEL its thoughts!

The child’s thoughts were not in words. It could not hear or speak. They were not in pictures. It could not see. It could not feel when it was touched. Its thought were purely emotion.

Samantha knew, listening to the strange thoughts, that the child had been cursed. Its life was forever ruined. Somebody else had surely deserved the punishment, but the child got it.

Samantha wanted to do something kind for the child, so she went home and put on her gloves to protect her hands, and then she went into her garden and cut a rose. She brought it to the child, hoping that it could smell the rose. But when the child took the rose, the thorns dug into its hand and made it bleed.

The child did not care, but Samantha did. She went home again, because she could not stand to see the child suffering from cuts it could not even feel. She threw herself on the floor and began to cry.

“Oh, please,” she cried. “Oh, don’t harm this child! It is innocent! You must know who is really at fault. Punish that evil person! The child did not kill, except for what it was forced to hunt for food. Please, if this child cannot think but can only feel, then let it feel something new…HAPPINESS! Punish the one who deserves the punishment. That child does not! That child is INNOCENT! INNOCENT”

Tears poured from Samantha’s eyes. She cried as though her heart was broken. Then, from somewhere outside of herself, she felt a strange feeling. She went outside and walked down the road in her bare feet. Sharp rocks stung her feet…then suddenly they did not. She heard animals howl as she approached the forest, and then she heard no more. She flailed forward to a large puddle and crouched beside it to stare at her reflection. She saw a small, naked, bald thing with yellow eyes and crooked teeth. Then, all sight faded away. All she had left were her thoughts, and then…only her emotions.

All because a certain finger had been raised.

………………………………...................

As the thing that had once been Samantha crouched by the water, not moving, a small boy stumbled out of the weeds and onto the trail. He was dirty and sore, but he looked up at the sky. It had never looked so blue! He smiled, happy, and began to walk toward town.

 

 

 

The End

© 2013 Eliott


Author's Note

Eliott
A lot of people do not understand the ending. If you don't, please comment and i will explain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Actually I believe I do understand the ending. Samantha made a sacrifice for this innocent child.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Eliott

11 Years Ago

Yes, but do you know why Samantha was guilty?
Marie

11 Years Ago

Apparently she killed Benjamin. But I don't think she meant to.
interesting read, and suspenseful.
well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is definitely and interesting write, the one above, I relate too oddly enough as I have been in that situation. The Lower one I am Captivated by the symbolism especially towards the end. I am going to take a stab at it (no pun intended) but is the boy that emerged in the ending, Benjamin?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Eliott

11 Years Ago

No, actually Samantha was the girl in the beginning. She was guilty of killing Benjamin, but Majesti.. read more
Jordan's Back

11 Years Ago

Darn >.< I tried It was still an awesome write
Eliott

11 Years Ago

Thanks!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 26, 2013
Tags: erry, creepy, strange, mysterious

Author

Eliott
Eliott

IL



About
Hey guys. If you remember me, I used to write here under the name Katie. Katie is gone. We are Eliott now. We have always used writing as an outlet, and ever since we were little we wanted to be a .. more..

Writing
Flip a Switch Flip a Switch

A Poem by Eliott