Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Haven

Haven

A Poem by Eliott
"

This poem was written by Evie about a safe place in our inner world.

"
I stand on a grassy patch in front of a large red canyon. It is a strange but beautiful kind of night. The sky is deep indigo illuminated by millions of stars. There is a willow tree a few yards away from the drop off, but it’s not weeping. It’s beautiful, happy, laced with golden flowers that look like roses and smell like honeysuckles.

On the far side of the deep canyon is a magnificent waterfall, cascading down giant crystal rocks. The sky reflecting down makes the water seem purple.

I see my mother leaning against the willow tree and I walk over and curl up beside her. She doesn’t look at me but holds me to her.

A breeze blows the tree’s branches and yellow blossoms go flying everywhere, floating on the breeze and smelling as sweet as honey. It blows my mom’s hair into my face and I feel that her hair is wet with tears. This is her safe place too.

I see a shooting star, seemingly also being carried by the wind.

My mother points and I wait for her to say “make a wish”, but she says nothing. Instead, she starts to hum and I don’t know why, but the tune makes me cry. She’s crying too. She starts to sing the words now and I know them but I don’t remember why.

I realize that I’ve never heard my mother sing before. It’s soft and lovely. She cries. I close my eyes. I don’t make a wish. I decide to let her have this one.

I am safe.

© 2018 Eliott


Author's Note

Eliott
Written by Evie

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
Added on August 6, 2018
Last Updated on August 6, 2018
Tags: DID, safe place, safety

Author

Eliott
Eliott

IL



About
Hey guys. If you remember me, I used to write here under the name Katie. Katie is gone. We are Eliott now. We have always used writing as an outlet, and ever since we were little we wanted to be a .. more..

Writing
Flip a Switch Flip a Switch

A Poem by Eliott