Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Kayris
"

The major events of Trump's presidency resulted in the shift of order and control in the lives of most Americans; now the year is 2020, and the people won't have another four years of tyranny.

"
January 20th. 2017.

Millions of Americans cheer on the 45th President of the United States as he takes the reigns of a country they considered in deep s**t. Millions also watched as they shook their head in shame as this so called wonderful country decided to elect such a warmonger for their national leader. Foreign countries laughed at us, as an unexperienced man whose main face time was hosting a reality show and getting knocked out by drunken wrestlers, took to the podium and was now a televised, American marvel. Seeing such a sherbet colored face brought sorrow to many around the world.

Within the first months, President Trump negotiated with the House and Congress about his proposals regarding Healthcare, Education and the Arts. Through some kind of mysterious power, be that faux charm or simply the power of dead presidents, by 2018, Trumps plans had all come into effect.

The funds for Education were relatively non-existant in January of 2018, leading many college students to dropout, never fulfilling their college education and forcing them to join the low-paid workforce to even live, let alone pay any student loans that had now gone to waste anyway. This also effected those schools that a majority of teachers and families relied on, public schools. Only those able to afford private schooling were able to get a true education; leading to the lower class being less intelligent than the upper class. Where the lower class lacked in education, however, they made up for in other ways, such as physical prowess, street smarts, and long forgotten libraries that were now hulls of dusty books and slow computers.

Free healthcare was a thing of the past. Sure, even a few trump supporters unknowingly took down Obamacare, unaware that the Affordable Care Act was simply another alias. The middle and lower class families, Trump supporters and anti-trump alike, fell to many illnesses that the skyrocketed hospitals wouldn't care for. Thousands died between 2018 and 2020, leaving the two classes lacking in numbers and the upper class thriving.

The cutback in funding to the Arts didn't do much to people's physical beings, more over their mental. People that used hobbies to cope with addiction and stress became more and more vigilant of their surrounding, creating more paranoia and stress on themselves. Civilians began hanging themselves, sliting their own throats, firing bullets into their own heads. By 2020, the suicide rate was at an all-time high.

Trump's presidency also brought about a lot of other under the surface issues. With the approval of the Secretary of Education, Betsy DeVos, weapons were allowed in learning environments, leading to more and more violent mishaps in middle and high schools, as well as a few college campuses. The police force was heavily overflowed with pro-Trump recruits; increasing the already withstanding violence toward the poor, as well as minorities. Police were more and more corrupt, allowing some addicts to buy drugs and criminals to buy weapons, only worsening the issue with healthcare and safety being at an all-time low.

Most of the lower class, and surprisingly few of the upper class, had enough of the corruption going on within the governement system. Democracy was no more; the lower class passed up to the upper class goods and services, where the upper class exchanged surplus to the Presidential Family, as if America was an enormous pyramid scheme where the presidential family ordered the pizza and the people merely received the crusts. In 2019, an uprising began with the surfacing of a masked leader, only known to the ironically deemed "Royal Family" as the Insurgent.

Not many knew who the Insurgent was; only that he appeared out of the blue and that he wanted to bring the fight back to the Trump Family entirely; and he looked to the people to do so. With the situation of the lower classes being practical slaves to the high ad mighty, the Insurgent cooridinated with borderline middle classmen that were once considered upper class to find President Trumps weak points and focus their rebellion on them. Criminals, former students and teachers, doctors, even the homeless, had all considered their differences and joined forces to take back the Land of the Free.

The Insurgent and his partners formed an idealistic group, rightly named Rise Above Trump, in an effort to strike fear in the upper class and rethink what they have chosen to do. The Royal Family did everything they could to stop even the more peaceful of protesters from entering the walls where the upper class lived. This led to more and more violent protests, calling for impeachment, recall, anything. The Royal Family set out propaganda, to the upper class and lower class, stating that anyone that could find information on or even prove they killed some of these RATs (as he dubbed them) would be handsomely rewarded. So began the even further divide between even the people and themselves.

---

The year is 2020. The 2021 Election is upon America, and with the people's say, Trump could be taken off of his high horse and brought to justice. One thing lingers in the rebellious air; the candidate the people have chosen, the Insurgent, will not step forward and run for office, and prefers to go about the situation a different way. The hierarchy of the Royal Family is a fortified one, yet the Insurgent had locations and information on the President's cabinet, the people that he appointed to push his views and issues onward past people that would appose him. The people of America, wayward or not, are frantic about the thought of living under a Trump Presidency for four more years. Will the Insurgent step up to the plate, that being a candidate or taking down the Royal Family one by one? Or will the people be able to find a suitable candidate for them to support, and whole-heartedly win?


© 2017 Kayris


Author's Note

Kayris
Chapter 1 coming soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

148 Views
Added on January 22, 2017
Last Updated on January 23, 2017
Tags: presidency, trump, corruption, fiction, lore, prologue


Author

Kayris
Kayris

St. Louis, MO



About
Fiction writer mainly, although in the past have written poetry, non-fiction, and plays, as well as touched on my artistic side with pixel-art and small drawings. I have always wanted to collaborate o.. more..

Writing
Twenty Nineteen Twenty Nineteen

A Story by Kayris


Amnesia Amnesia

A Chapter by Kayris