He is watching

He is watching

A Story by Kelsey Taylor
"

A short story; the story of a man who dismisses an extremely deadly situation as the jokes of children. This was in fact the dumbest decision ever made.

"
Before you read this…. you must keep an open mind. Do not just dismiss this as the ramblings of a mad man. I know thats what I would have done if I myself had not lived it. I do not know how it got there, or where it came from…. I just know that its patience is growing thin and as soon as i finish writing this I will most likely meet my end. It all began a few weeks ago… I awoke to the sound of scratching on my window. I turned on the lights and immediately noticed it. There was a black creature with its face pressed hard up against the window. I stood there for a second studying it and trying to think of an explanation. It had no expression.. no facial features. It had the shape of a human but its head was oddly rounded, like geometric perfection, and it did not appear to be moving or breathing whatsoever.  Now I know what you're thinking, it was probably just some kids playing a prank and putting a poster on the window to scare me. These were my thoughts exactly. So I decided to just get ready for work down at the bakery a little early and go ahead and go to work. I stepped out of the house to take the picture down but when I got outside.. it was not there. Now I just assumed that the delinquents heard me open the front door and tore it down and ran away from fear of being caught. So I thought nothing more of it and went to work. When I returned home I made it a point to check the windows and see if anything was on them.. there was nothing. It was not there, so I went inside and began to cook myself a spaghetti dinner. As I was boiling the noodles I glanced up from the pot and fell backwards and a small yelp escaped me….it was in that window, but this time I got a closer look.. this was no poster hung by a child. This thing was a horrible miscreation.. it did after all have facial expressions but they were also black making them more difficult to see. The only reason they were visible is because of the fact that the stuck out farther than the face itself. It seen the fear in my eyes and a grin so wide I thought the creature itself was going to burst in half spread across his face. I tried to run but my doors would not open, neither would the windows. I was trapped. My phone wouldn't get any signal so.. I got on the computer and contacted the emergency services. Of course when I told them the reason, they simply dismissed it as some type of prank and never came. I was on my own...days went by and that thing slowly drove me insane. There was no avoiding it, with a window in every room of the house.. he was always with me… silently watching. About two weeks into my incarnation I got angry and began to pound on the glass that separated us hoping to somehow frighten it enough to leave me alone, it was pointless. The same blood chilling grin broke across his face and he began to pound with me...except he was actually getting somewhere. The window splintered and I realized that in an instant, with one more pound of the fist he could be in the same room with me….that is not at all what I intended to happen. I backed away in horror as he licked the glass with delight, the fractured glass cutting his tongue astonishingly bright red blood to drip down the window. He was toying with me. I knew I couldn't take much more of this torture. Sometimes I would momentarily forget about him ….the sight of him no longer frightened me, it simply filled me with fury. I marched into the kitchen jerked open all the cabinets and drawers until I found two rolls of duct tape. Then I proceeded to move what little food I had to my room. My intention being to cover the windows of my bedroom with duct tape and just stay there until I could think of a way out of this. When I got back in the room I began to tape over the window… his usual disturbing grin quickly morphed into a grimace filled with rage. He roared and the entire house shook like an earthquake had struck. The glass began to crack, I pulled the tape off as quickly as I could. His grin returned and he cackled with satisfaction. This was the first time in my life I prayed to a god I have never believed in. That was a week ago and nothing has changed. I may not believe in a heaven but I now know there is a hell and I am currently living in it. But today will be my last day living like this.. i heard a crash and the sound of breaking glass just moments ago. He is in the house.. this will be the only thing I leave behind, my story. My name is Oliver Shadow, you are reading this tell my parents I love them…. he’s watching… he’s always watching. I can feel his breath on my neck. I've accepted my fate.. this is your warning. Its not a poster, get out while you still can.

© 2014 Kelsey Taylor


Author's Note

Kelsey Taylor
I've been taking a few creative writing classes at my highschool and this was one of the assignments. I must say that I am quite proud of this story, it was inspired by one I read a few years ago; although for the life of me I can not remember the name of it. Any who, hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 4, 2014
Last Updated on March 4, 2014
Tags: horror, monster, blood, gore, scary, chilling, suspense, short story, death

Author

Kelsey Taylor
Kelsey Taylor

dallas, NC



About
Well my name is Kelsey Breeanne Taylor, I am currently 15 years of age and I guess I'm what most would consider a "goth" or "emo", which ever stereotype you prefer. I am a bit shy at first.. social an.. more..

Writing