Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
A love that made green

A love that made green

A Story by Kezia
"

Using colours to describe people and emotions through out the story to represent both a toxic relationship and a proper love.

"
He was yellow and I was blue he touched my heart and everything was green. Like my mothers eyes, like trees outside, like the hills we rolled down as children. But you deserve a background story, you should know why I was blue. There was a time I was a beautiful rainbow and a time when my world was charcoal grey.
When I was born the world was white; a blank page waiting to be coloured. By the time I was 5 I was loving, calm, happy, full of life, sometimes sad, and a little princess; I was a rainbow. When you see a rainbow it is usually a child. It is innocence.
As I got older some of my colours were fading and some were becoming more bold. This happens to every one. Unfortunately for me my yellow was close to gone and I hadn't seen purple since my 10th birthday- last I remember. No one can see anyone else's colours and no one could see that blue was taking over my soul.
I was 12 when I met a person who I guessed was perhaps red? Maybe it was green? I guessed to myself constantly. I guessed for the next 2 years. We grew close and every time he got closer I thought I could see my purple and yellow returning. I wish I could've seen that I was becoming grey. When I was finally 14 I didn't see colour anymore, I was grey. He mixed with girls of many colours of which I'll never know. I'll also never know if their colours faded as mine did. And now a note to my darling reader, he was black. Like a cold night, like never ending darkness, like a deep hole.
Not to worry though I did not stay grey forever although it may have felt like it. I would now like to tell you that the colour that came back was yellow, or red, or even orange. It wasn't. I was blue. My world was blue. My life was sadness. I presumed that I was simply blue, like tears, like the water filling my lungs, like the pills I swallowed.
It was an incredible day one year ago, the day I finally saw a new colour. It was yellow. He was yellow. I could hardly remember it before but now I was addicted. For the next month I did everything I could to see the yellow again. It wasn't hard because the yellow found me, every time I was lost or just a shade darker. The yellow always found me.
Yellow told me that he knew I was blue he said, "like the sky on the most lovely of days, like the ocean that holds the worlds deepest beauties and secrets, like the girl he wanted to kiss". When he kissed me and we opened our eyes I wasn't blue anymore, and he was not yellow. We were green. Life was beautiful again.

© 2015 Kezia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good story! There is lots of creativity in this one.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2015
Last Updated on December 11, 2015

Author

Kezia
Kezia

Barrie, Ontario, Canada



About
My writing will leave a lot to your imagination, I like to keep the reader wondering. Love feedback :) more..

Writing
Old Lulluby Old Lulluby

A Story by Kezia


Why? Why?

A Story by Kezia