Insomnia part IV

Insomnia part IV

A Chapter by M.Kilani
"

Another scene of a man who suffers insomnia

"

“Tick tock, tick tock you are going insane, why so sad you old fool!”

“oh it’s you again, I thought you were dead!”

“how would I die, I can’t die and leave you alone, I will not let you enjoy this solitude.”

“that’s what I thought, coffee?”

“ how about some whiskey instead?”

“but you know I stopped drinking”

“well it’s about time to go back to that”

“but I have none in here”

He walks towards the empty table, turns his back with a bottle of cheap whiskey in his hand; “now you do”

“help yourself I’m not going to drink”

“fine, it’s your loss, just like everything else, it’s your loss”

“what do you mean?”

Drinking straight from the bottle; “you’ve been losing a lot for trying to be a gentleman, you’ve lost them both, you’ve lost him too”

“but it was their desire not mine” his heart accelerates, walks across the room to grab a cigarette; “it’s there loss as well, I was nothing but fair to them, and they are going to lose that as well, a fair caring respectful man”

“is that what you think, how funny, how entertaining and smart”

“it is what it is”

“fine then, how come you can’t join them crowds in their enthusiastic clouds,” chugs more of his cheap whiskey; “why is it only us in this room, why am I even here?”

“I’m going to sleep, I have work tomorrow,” he climbs into an empty cold bed after putting aside his black coat “you can keep going with your poetic nonsense”

“You know it’s not real, what you had I mean, it was over before it really began, it means a lot to you doesn’t it”

“enjoy you whiskey all by yourself, goodnight my friend”

“I will! At least I’m enjoying something, you’re just wasting your time over nothing, you’re not even going somewhere, everyone is using you, all your blood and sweat are for nothing, it’s the second time this month to collapse, what for?”

“just shut up, I’m trying to sleep here!”

“you think you’re tough don’t you, you think that being successful would help, well, you are no where near that, not even in your comfort zone, just hanging in between life and death, and you know you won’t find it, we both know that well… and it will never find you as well”

He turns off the light; ”Goodnight I said, you can leave tomorrow morning”

“well if you’re so funny then why are you on your own tonight, and if you’re so clever why are you alone tonight, and if you are so very entertaining why are you on your own tonight, and if you are so very good-looking why do you sleep alone tonight, I know, because tonight is just like any other night… goodnight”

“goodnight”

“oh I hope you have enough cigarettes”

“I won’t need any I’ll be asleep, and you have your own!”

He wakes up next morning; “that drunk b*****d was annoying” finds himself on the floor, bottle of whiskey in his hand, made bed, an empty pack of cigarette, an ashtray full of cigarettes butts, his cigarettes, and his black long coat where it was before he went to bed.



© 2012 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
Reviews are welcomed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I had nights like this one in the poem. Taught me to be wiser. Sometime we lose control and end up in bad places. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 16, 2012
Last Updated on November 20, 2012


Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing