Her name is Iris

Her name is Iris

A Story by M.Kilani

Her name was Iris, she was 23 summers old, she was a young dreaming lady until this spring, I know Iris for many years, she was full of life, enthusiastic, eager to try and learn, innocent, passionate, sensitive and most of all breathtaking. 
Her name was Iris, and Iris knew me well too, she was always straight forward to me, I used to admire her dreams her curiosity and the long endless conversations we used to have, she was the best companion I've ever had, I remember staying awake until dawn just to talk to her or finish a conversation we started at midnight, even if silly I would listen to every single word she would say, even if I disagree, she was one unique person.
Her name was Iris, and it wasn't until last year that she told me about her personal life, although we were close yet we were a bit far, and I wasn't much personal with my talks either, and of course I never wanted to intrude, although I was always eager to know more, I knew enough, but it wasn't enough for me, I wanted to know everything about her, unfortunately I couldn't and even with the things I knew, I couldn't do much for her... She was the kind of person who would rather do things herself instead of accepting help, I admire her pride but... But it kept a distance between us and I got used to doing nothing for her but listening.
Her name was Iris, and since I saw Iris I had feelings for her, I never expected them to grow, I was a cold person, I had my heart frozen after few slight heartbreaks, and I was afraid of my emotions, so I kept things as friendly as possible, until she went away for a while, only few days were enough for me to miss her, and I've never missed anyone that bad before, I was always the kind of person who keeps distance from people, I drew lines between me and others and never wanted anyone to be close, except for her, I was willing to show her everything and tell her every single secret I know, and so I did, I know it wasn't impressive but that's all I know, after all I never knew love nor been through it, not even at home, as I come from a very clod family that hardly show any emotions, which is normal in the environment we live in, especially that my father believed that emotions are weakness, and that they effect our discussions, and I do agree with him, but I disagree with hiding emotions, Iris was smart, yet she was the kind of person who would say how they feel, I was the kind who would say what I see, but not to her, I told her of my feeling once I started to know her better, but she took it as a joke, she didn't know me well back then, and I played along. Her name was Iris, and years passed us by and we became closer, we came apart for a while but remained close, and my love for her has grew and changed many times, I always knew that love makes a man either stupid or weak, unless he was smart to make himself stronger, and the love I had for her gave me strength for a long time, regardless to how I loved her. I loved Iris as a friend, as a sister, as a mother, as a child, as a strange and as a lover, and she loved me differently. 
Her name was Iris, and I wrote Iris many poems, many stories and many letters, I hid nothing from her, except my fears. There was a time when I ran out of words and I kept repeating myself, nothing new in my writing nor my poems, all because my feeling have never changed, at least not for her, I couldn't love her more unless she made something, not for me, but there were things that made me love her more, even if they upset me, she would always find a way to make me smile in the face of this brutal world I live in. 
Her name was Iris and I wrote her this; 
Tulips you call yourself Iris is what I see 
Never on a shelf Wild you’re meant to be 
Iris I say, for Iris grows in stones 
Black iris as your hair, black as the dawns 
Fragile yet special, and hard to get 
Angelic sweet face that’s hard to forget 
Exotic and attractive 
Special and rare I stare at you, you are distractive
You’re lonesome and beauty, how unfair
No one will know Iris like I did, and I'm sure I'll never know anyone like iris, I wish I could've helped her, I wish I could've had her.
Her name is Iris, and she wanted to die. She made me want to die, and I wanted her to live.
Her name is Iris and she was the only to make me cry.
Her name was Iris and her heart was made of gold.
She took away my religion and made me denounce God. 
Her name is Iris and she was never wrong.
Her name is Iris and I name her after the song.
And she'll always be immortal to me...

© 2013 M.Kilani


Author's Note

M.Kilani
The image attached has been drawn by a friend of mine named Farah.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing, breath taking to say the least, it kinda reminded me of my current situation which is why I probably shed a tear :( but I love it I've added it to my Favourite's Library.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had to Read it for the second time just to admire the emotions more and more
A really great story not any normal memory of love it is really an immortal one


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely tribute to someone you fell for.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Iris must be a special woman. I like the description of her in the poem. I hope Iris can read the poem. You honor her with beautiful and kind words. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


M.Kilani

10 Years Ago

Yeah she was one one in a billion, Thank you for the review I'm really glad you liked it, I'm always.. read more
this is resonant and saturated with emotion. It reads like Goodbye.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Kilani

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, well, it is a scenario of a goodbye I had in my head, and somehow turned t.. read more
wow. amazing! very well written! i love it

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

M.Kilani

10 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad you love it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

825 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 24, 2013
Last Updated on July 24, 2013

Author

M.Kilani
M.Kilani

Amman, Jordan



About
"The more you read the better you write" more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Open Open

A Poem by Mark


This Blood This Blood

A Poem by Frieda P