Northern Lights and Rainbow Eyes.

Northern Lights and Rainbow Eyes.

A Poem by Kiri J
"

Thank Christ this was salvageable.. it's my favourite.

"

Deftly, you slide into my world

And see my lights

In the northern swirls,

I want to illuminate you

 

You,

My boy with the rainbow eyes

My skipping rope

Always under my feet and

Over my head

 

Wryly and sly

Here, you sidle up beside

And thrill me with electric shocks

Flicking all over my skin and

I am ignited by

 

You,

My boy with the whirlwind smile

It sweeps me up

And over

And lighter than air

Breathing your spirit through my hair

 

This is Heaven right here,

The Otherworld,

Other side

Other lives are strolling and speeding around us

But I’m here

And you’re here…

 

Quietly, I’ll slide into your world

Stand in your spotlight

Lighting up from the inside

In beams from those

Rainbow eyes.

© 2008 Kiri J


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well written. I love it. Beautifully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


What a truly gorgeous poem! What a wonder to behold--the Northern Lights and a rainbow meeting together. Your writing flows so beautifully and you take a difficult subject matter and turn it into a breathtaking love story. I'm saving this to favorites! Glorious writing and a perfect picture with this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wonderful write, you have written with such love the joy you have basking in the affection of your man. I loved the imagery of this. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i particularly like the first stanza here. it created a wonderfully transcendant tone - "i want to illuminate you". and the rest of the poem is complimented with images like, "rainbow eyes" and "whirlwind smile" just work so powerfully to create this image, this feeling and mixture.
the one thing that this poem does so well also, is that it doesnt fall into the trap of an obvious concluding stanza, but instead, still retains that mysticism and poetic nature that drove the rest of the poem. the only ciritque i have is the use of rainbow eyes twice. as this is such an original description, that i feel using it twice takes away some of the originality. apart from that i think this is a fantastic poem. quite possibly the best one i have read on this site so far.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I'm caught between smiling, crying and just being so happy that all of your work wasn't lost...as I said, it's out there. It will be a tedious process, but to find something as wonderful as this is well worth the effort.

:)

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2008

Author

Kiri J
Kiri J

Melbourne, Australia



About
I'm 22, Australian. I love music by the likes of Tori Amos, Imogen Heap, Regina Spektor, Sia, Amy Winehouse... Jeff Buckley, DCAB. I am a writer. I love rainy Sinatra-Sundays. I don't talk when I have.. more..

Writing
Go to pray. Go to pray.

A Poem by Kiri J



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..