Chapter 1: A Fresh New Start

Chapter 1: A Fresh New Start

A Chapter by Kirisaki Maikeru
"

An 18 year old boy enters the same school when he was in middle school and started his own band but one day a young girl who is conflicted yet sings with a mellow voice caught his attention..

"

Hi I’m John, I’m a 18 year old boy and I study at East High Music Academy all of my past friends studied there when we were in junior high so many happy memories with them but all good things must come to an end right about 2 months ago we graduated from junior high and we go on our separate ways all of my friends and classmates move to an exclusive music academy while I stayed at East High Music Academy because my parents  want me to stay and also I want to reach something that I never had the chance to reach when I was in junior high the number 1 spot in the  Elite music performers at the East High Music Academy and over the summer vacation I did nothing but practice my skills as a music performer before school starts and honestly I don’t know what to expect and the 3 months summer vacation has come to an end and I’m so nervous because all of the faces I’m going to see today are all new but this never stopped me from achieving my goal in my senior year and nothing’s ever going to change that or so I thought. My story will begin at the first day of the opening of the first day of school in East High Music Academy. Will I be able to pursue the dreams and goals I have set for myself?

 

        Its 7 in the morning and it’s a special day for me because it’s the opening of the first day of school and when I arrive at East High Academy I was placed at the all performer’s class where the best of the best performers are put together to know who is the best on all of us and I was walking at the hallway trying to find my classroom and there I finally found my classroom and there was this intense aura that I felt as I walk towards the room. I know that this is not going to be a walk in the park it’s all competition to be the best you have to beat the best as I  take my seat at the front row of the class and my other classmates is not there yet it’s just me and two girls seating at the back of the class as the clock ticks other’s that are in my class are starting to arrive but one caught my attention for a moment and she sits at the 2nd row of the class and she’s just quietly sits there and her aura is as calm as the cherry tree’s blossom every fall but the one thing that caught my attention is her eyes, her eyes it’s not full of joy and happiness but rather it’s full of sadness and despair it’s like there’s  something bugging her. As the bell rang signalling the start of the class and our adviser enters the room he called me and ask me to introduce myself and show my skills as a performer in front of the class as I introduced myself and after that I performed a song titled “Classic” I did my best to entertain my adviser and the whole class as my performance ends, I was shocked at the reactions of my classmates they all clapped and gave me a standing ovation and as our adviser called my other classmates and when my adviser called the girl that caught my attention and she introduced herself, her name was Kate and she sang “If I cried a thousand tears” as she sang that song I felt like as if I was in the ocean travelling through the seas as her mellow voice brings me at ease and brings me back to my memories that’s how soft her voice was and as her performance ends all of us cried feeling the pain as she singed that song and that’s where she got my interest, I said to myself on that day I’m going to become close to her in order to help her what’s been bugging her on that day. The first day of classes has come to an end and our adviser ranked us based on our performance and I ranked 3rd from the class the 2nd is a boy named Zeke and the 1st is a girl named Krishna who has an electrifying voice that can bring me to my knees, unfortunately Kate only ranked 6th in our class as I get ready to go home Krishna asked me if I want to join them to go to a mall nearby the school and I accept she invited Zeke and Lance who ranked 4th in our class as we go to the mall we engage in a conversation about our past schools and our past memories. We just arrived at the mall and Krishna asked me what will be my goal is this year. “John what will be your goal this senior year? Why did you stay at East High Music Academy?” she asked. “My goal is to take the number 1 spot in the elite ten of music performers in East High Academy and to win the Christmas selection this upcoming December.” John replied. “Wow I don’t know what to say about that you have a very beautiful and charming voice and when you perform I felt that you’re giving it your all in your performance.” She replied. Then Zeke asked me if I want to join their band and their going to compete in the “Battle of the Bands” this upcoming August. “Hey John, want to join our band you’ll be the lead vocal and Krishna will play the guitar and me I’ll be playing the drums.” He asked me. “Yeah, sure I would be delighted to join your band but can we add one vocal a support vocal one that has a mellow and soft voice?” John replied. As I asked them that question they looked at me with full of curiosity and I was nervous about what they’re going to say about my proposal to add another vocal in the band. “Yeah, sure John we can add someone but how can we find a person who has a mellow and soft voice?” as Zeke asked John. “I know someone she is our classmate and I think she’ll be a great addition in our band.” John replied. “Okay starting today our band name will be…. Academy Of Rock!!!”  as the day ends making two precious friends and starting a band together with them it is truly a joyful first day of my senior year as I got home from the mall I recorded some covers and finished my practice session in singing various genre of music and as I went to bed I said to myself “I can do this, I’ll do whatever it takes to make Kate approve to join our band.”  As I worry of Kate rejecting my offer to join our band instead of worrying I will just try asking her tomorrow and as I fell asleep hoping the second day go as well as the first day.

 



© 2017 Kirisaki Maikeru


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on November 26, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017


Author

Kirisaki Maikeru
Kirisaki Maikeru

Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm an 17 year old who is a beginner at writing stories but I hope you like my stories more..

Writing