Chapter 2: An Unexpected Answer

Chapter 2: An Unexpected Answer

A Chapter by Kirisaki Maikeru
"

John is ready to invite Kate to his band but is it really for the band or for his feelings?

"
As my alarm rang at 6:30 am in the morning, I woke up and get ready to go to school, I got a text message from Zeke that I should meet up with them in front of a convenience store since our house isn’t far away from each other and as walk past two blocks and meet up with Zeke at the convenience store, I thought it’s just Zeke but Krishna is there too greeting me with joy “Good Morning John!!” as they greeted me. “Good Morning Zeke and Krishna” as greet them back. “So what’s your plan on the support vocal you want to add?” Krishna asked me. “Maybe, I’ll try asking her properly first.” I replied to her. “Hmm, what will you do if she rejects your offer?” Krishna asked me. “I don’t know, hahahahaha” as I laughed and replied. “He he, you just want to get close to her.” As Krishna teased like I have a crush on Kate. “What? No, I just she will be a great addition to our band, that’s all.” I denied her suspicions on me. “Hey Krishna stop teasing John okay he only thinks what’s better for our band.” As Zeke joins the conversation. “Okay, I was just joking about it.” Krishna replied laughing. As we arrive in the school and go to our classroom and as I arrive there a strong wind past through me as I saw her seating in her seat. It’s the first time that my heart raced and as I try to approach her and ask her to join our band, unexpectedly our adviser enters the room and said “Good Morning Class.” And we replied “Good Morning, sir”. “Now let’s start our class” he said. “Yes sir!” as we replied. The class started and our teacher is teaching us the essence of being a performer is that every time we come out to perform we must give our 110% in all of our performance and we must perform to our heart’s content if we want to truly enjoy our performance in the stage. As the class ends and it’s time for recess Zeke and Krishna invited me to eat at the cafeteria but I turned down their offer because I am going to invite Kate to join our band, as I approached her in her seat and there I was finally asked her to join our band “Hi, I’m John and I was wondering if you want to join our band?” as I asked her feeling nervous, her answer shocked me. “Hello, I’m Kate and yeah I’ll be delighted to join your band” as she accepts my invitation to join our band. After I asked her and she accepts, I introduced her to Zeke and Krishna, “Hi Guys, this is Kate our new member and she’ll be the support vocal that I invited to join our band” as I introduced Kate to Zeke and Krishna. “Hi I’m Zeke and it’s a pleasure to meet you” as Zeke replied. “Hi I’m Krishna and it’s a pleasure to meet you” as Krishna introduced herself to Kate. As the class ends and it’s time to go home, Zeke and Krishna called a band meeting as we go to the convenience store near our houses and Kate was there too. We discussed our final problem and that’s the last member and we need to find a manager and a keyboardist as Kate gave a suggestion that she knows a keyboardist in our class and the name that she mentions is the rank 10th in our class, Trevor. “We can add Trevor since he play keyboard and it’s his passion to play keyboard” as Kate suggest Trevor to us. “We got no problem with that but how are we supposed to convince him to join our band?” we asked her. “I’ll do it, don’t worry” as she makes sure that she will convince Trevor to join. “Okay now that’s settled, we still need to find a manager” as Krishna brings up our biggest problem. “Our adviser he can be our manager” as Zeke suggests our adviser to be our manager. “Yeah, we can make him our manager” as Kate agrees to the idea of Zeke. “Okay that’s decided our manager is our adviser” as Krishna agrees to the idea of Zeke. As our band meeting ends we just talked about our personal experiences and as we get to know each other, our conversation comes to a close before we head home I said to Zeke, Kate, and Krishna. “No matter what hardships may came and challenges we come across let’s promise to each other that our band will be the number 1 band in our school and in the country as sets our sights on “The Battle of the bands” we promised to each other that we will win the competition and stand in the summit of the East High Music Academy.” As I promised to my band mates... “Yeah, we will win no matter what” as they replied to my promise. As Zeke and Krishna leaves to go home, Kate and me headed home and as we walked to our respective paths, she told me that she had fun at the band meeting and is looking forward to our future band rehearsals and as the first time I saw her beautiful smile, my heart skips a beat and as she leaves to go home. I left with a smiling face as I walked towards my house and as I got home I went to bed already. As I begin a new chapter of my life.


© 2017 Kirisaki Maikeru


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on November 26, 2017
Last Updated on November 26, 2017


Author

Kirisaki Maikeru
Kirisaki Maikeru

Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines



About
I'm an 17 year old who is a beginner at writing stories but I hope you like my stories more..

Writing