My Little Pony-When the Magic of Friendship Fades

My Little Pony-When the Magic of Friendship Fades

A Story by Krisen Lison
"

So this just kind of came to mind, a mix of my theories of the Ponies future lives and my own inner emotions. Sorry to any fans I upset with this.

"

Four years, that’s how long I’ve been her best friend. We were always together, side by side. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, inseparable for life. We were quite the mismatched pair, Fluttershy and I. She was quiet and shy, so gentle and kind to anypony that she met. I was a loudmouth, known for the parties and utter chaos I left in my wake. It was the differences that glued us together, at least, I thought it did.

                It was after four years that everything changed. It started with Angel, that sweet little bunny always at her side. The little creatures got tired of life in a home, he was a wild creature, not some pet. He just couldn’t handle the differences from his old life to this one, so off he went. He distanced himself from Fluttershy but she didn’t seem to mind. I saw through the fake smiles, and right to the marks up and down her legs.

                I couldn’t let Fluttershy hurt like that, so I did everything I could to bring her out of herself created darkness. I threw her parties, and even managed to bring small smiles to her face. But it wasn’t enough. Soon after Angel left, Rainbow Dash took off too. She had a life to lead with the Wonderbolts, a dream she’s been holding back on for years. So we let her go be a performer and she did her best to write. But she was so busy with her new friends that she soon forgot all the old ones.

                Then it was Twilight, summoned by Princess Celstia to return to Canterlot to aid in running Equestria. She became busy and distant, even forgetting to write to us in her stress. At first we kept in touch through Spike, who did everything he could to force Twilight into staying in contact, but then something happened to the little guy. Maybe he grew up and finally left Twilight’s side, we’ll never really know, but Twilight stopped sending letters and she was just, gone.

                Applejack was the next to leave us behind. Her family farm started losing money, and the only way for them to stay in the orchard business was to meet up with the rest of the family in Appaloosa. So she hopped a train and disappeared. I hear they’re doing well now, and their orchard is thriving in its new home, but Applejack never wrote us a letter, the only one we got was from Applebloom to notify us of safe arrival. Our honest friend was too worried about her trees to be bothered with us.

                So it came down to Fluttershy, Rarity, and I. Six good friends no more than three, but Rarity didn’t stay much longer. She received a letter from Twilight three months after Applejack left, about halfway through the summer, telling her that the royal court needed a new designer. She had dreamed of Canterlot, so Fluttershy and I encouraged her to make the trip. It was only supposed to be temporary and she’d be back come fall. But Rarity never came back, she got caught up in the city life and wouldn’t have been satisfied with our little Ponyville any longer.

                Then there were two, just me and Fluttershy. That pony was all I had left, and so best friends we became. My birthday that year was made wonderful because she made her own party, just like the good old Pinkie Pie parties that I threw for all of our friends. Everypony in Ponyville was there, all dressed in their finest attire. It was even better than any Grand Galloping Galla I’d ever been too. Looking back, I realize that was the last time we were really friends.

                When we were alone, with no one else left, it got hard to cope with life. I started falling into the emotionless state I’d been in when I lived back on the rock farm. My main straightened itself out over time, and Fluttershy stopped singing with the birds. We both bore scars now, both emotional scars hidden away and the physical ones we had caused ourselves. Then Fluttershy stopped talking to me about her problems. We used to lean on each other, express every emotion, but she just shut down. I couldn’t read her anymore, and everything I tried failed.

                It got so bad that I felt like I was alone, and the only way to get her to talk to me was to start a confrontation. The once gentle Fluttershy was beginning to fight back, biting in deep with every word she spoke. Her words cut me worse than the blade I had stashed in my bedroom, cruel statements and accusations of things I’d never done. Then she disappeared. I went to her house every day for a month, and each day more and more was gone, and Fluttershy was nowhere to be found. Then the house itself had vanished, as if some magical force had taken it away from me.

                It was then that I realized I had nopony to protect me from myself. Nopony to hold my hand when I was afraid, nopony to throw parties for, nopony at all. My cutting got worse, trailing all over my legs and hindquarters. My stomach was riddled with bright scars and fresh scabs. And now, it’s finally too much. I can’t handle what’s happening in my life, I can’t handle being alone. So I’m going to make new friends, one’s that won’t leave me.

                See her over there, her name is Razor and she always knows how deep she has to go to draw the most blood. Him there, his name’s solitude, and with him I can be safe from the world. And my last friend, well, her name is noose, and soon, you’ll see me string her up all pretty and make her into a necklace. I can’t live alone anymore, so I guess Ponyville will have to go one without me.

© 2011 Krisen Lison


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Makes sense that pinkie pie would get depressed when there is no one to throw parties for. The writing is okay. I can't really picture pinkie pie cutting herself though, but maybe that's just me. Good stuff though! I'm glad to see there are some bronies on the cafe too. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yeah..this is dark..really sorry about this guys.


Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2011
Last Updated on September 26, 2011

Author

Krisen Lison
Krisen Lison

About
I'm a poet, erotic writer, novelist, and short story writer. My free time is filled with the written word, flowing both from my own pen and from the many books I read. I tend to keep to myself, but if.. more..

Writing
Drowning Drowning

A Story by Krisen Lison