CE: SUMMER MEMORIES

CE: SUMMER MEMORIES

A Story by LadyKarissa
"

This is for the contest Summer Memories Contest

"

I have special and fond summer memories of when I was growing up in Bethesda, Montgomery County, Maryland. My family lived in a neighborhood with a lot of children and we use to spend all of our time playing blind man's bluff.

 

Our yard has a lot of flowers in it, as my late mother loved flowers and I remember the trellis of white, pink, red, and yellow roses growing up on it We also had mamosa trees that smell sweet like candy and lilac bushes too.

 

I remember all the cook outs all the neighbors had and all the children would go and eat all the watermelon, and other fruits mixed into it.

 

I remember all my friends, Steven Clark, The McDonald's, The Millers, and so many other children living in my neighborhood.

 

We lived in a very low crime neighborhood so we could stay out longer than one could stay out today. We would go up the street and play with The Queens and some other neighbors as we all lived on Lone Oak Drive, in Bethesda.

 

The neighborhood changed when they started building the newer bigger homes down Holmehurst Drive, but a lot of people moved into the upscale Cabin John Neighborhood in North of Bethesda in Potomac, Maryland as well.

 

My family moved out of Maryland in 1967 to move to Brazil and summer months differ over there from September to January.

 

We had some wonderful summers in Brazil go to the beach, and right before Lent started we attended Carnival, we danced in the streets, ate carmel  pop corn, cotton candy and ice cream.  It was loads of fun.

 

Lucie

© 2011 LadyKarissa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What wonderful memories from your childhood. You described them so well I pictured them in my mind as I read. Keep up the great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 2, 2011
Last Updated on June 2, 2011

Author

LadyKarissa
LadyKarissa

BORN IN BETHESDA, MD, LIVE IN CHICAGO, , IL



About
My name is Lucie Elizabeth Ann Wesson. I am 56 years old white female. I was born Lucie Annalen Wesson but I changed my name on my confirmation day April 6, 1996 to Lucie Elizabeth Ann Wesson when I .. more..

Writing