Escape From Slave Camp

Escape From Slave Camp

A Story by Bryanna - QueenStephni
"

i wrote this for school years ago but thought it'd be interesting to see what REAL people thought of it

"

Five friends were lounging around sleepily about their dying campfire. Zelda fluttered her light blue eyes in remembrance of her deepest and most secret crush from her hometown. The four other girls caught on.

 

“ Thinking about Zealus again,” Raisha said as she brushed her shoulder length dark blonde hair out of her face. The others laughed. They all knew about Zealus and that Zelda liked him.

 

“Like always,” Stephanie and Raina said together. Stephanie stood up to stretch the kinks out of her back. Her long dark brown hair flew into her eyes as the slight summer breeze picked up. Raina laughed even harder. Her brown eyes sparkled with delight.

 

“ Not funny, Raina,” Stephanie snapped as she walked into her tent to get a hair band. She emerged with her hair up in two buns on the top of her head.

 

“Anyway. You really like Zealus. Don’t you Zelda?” Thearsa asked loudly, reminding the others what they were supposed to be doing.

 

“I do not!” Zelda answered as loudly, but her blushing gave away her passion for him. The others burst out with new laughter. They all knew it and there was no way for Zelda to deny it.

 

“ You are. Look at your cheeks they are bright red. Why don’t you just ask him out and put us all out of our misery already.” Thearsa said causing Zelda to blush even more. Zelda stalked off to her tent and got changed into her pajamas and went to bed.

 

It was about twelve thirty, when an awful crunching sound started. Raisha walked out of her tent and looked around. She couldn’t see what was making the sound. Raina walked out of her tent and saw Raisha then heard the noise.

 

“ I think that we should go check it out before it wakes the others.” Raina said. Raisha shook her head.

 

“ I’m not going there but you can. Your braver than I am,” Raisha said walking over to the campfire. She relit it and sat in front of it.

 

“ Fine be back soon.” Raina snapped walking away. When Raina didn’t return Raisha became worried. She went and awoke Miyu and Thearsa. She explained that Raina went to find out what was making the awful noise twenty minutes ago and hadn’t returned. Miyu and Thearsa went to find Raina while Raisha again stayed at the campsite. Again no one returned.

 

“ Guys, are you alright? Guys its not funny come out already.” Raisha called out into the dark woods. No one answered. Zelda walked silently out of her tent and stood behind Raisha.

 

“ Where are the others?” Zelda asked. Raisha screamed loudly.

 

“ Don’t do that. I’m already freaked out. The others went into the woods to find out what the sound was but they haven’t returned. I’m worried. Really worried maybe we should go and find them.” She said, grabbing up a torch and starting towards the woods. Zelda followed her and they walked until they came to a small clearing.

 

The summer breeze blew Zelda's light brown hair into her face. They walked into the clearing and noticed three figures lying on the ground. The only movement was the cloth being blown in the summer breeze.

 

They walked up to the figures and saw that the figures were actually their friends. It looked like they had been attacked and placed there. They heard the sound again. Zelda whipped around and saw nothing.  Again another noise from behind.

 

“ Raisha, please tell me that you made that noise and that your alright. Raisha? Come on stop playing around.” Zelda asked turning around. She saw Raisha on the ground and then saw the attacker. Before she could do anything someone or something hit her from behind.

 

When the girls came around they saw that they were in an enclosed room with only one window and one door. While they were looking around trying to find a weak aspect the door opened. A man in his twenties walked in.

 

“ Looks like we have scored ourselves some new slaves, boys. Now girls why don’t you stand up and let me have a look at you.” He said as he approached the girls. Everyone but Miyu stood up and watched him as he looked around the others.

 

“ What’s the matter with you?” he asked looking down at Miyu.

 

“ You must have hit me hard in the head when you knocked me out. I don’t feel as well as I should. But eh don’t worry about me I’ll get over it.” Miyu answered. Raina helped her to her feet and made sure she didn’t fall over.

 

“ Well than why don’t we get you lot out of this horrible room and into some fresh air.”  He said, turning to lead them out of the room.

 

“ Wait, what’s your name?” Thearsa asked before he could move away.

 

“ My name is not important. Now come a long girls I have several people I would like you to meet.” He said turning away again. He led them into a large shed-like thing. He opened the door and took them inside. Inside there were tables where people were writing names, dates and other important stuff about people at the tables. They were led to the biggest table right at the back.

 

“ Sir, these are the new slaves. Where should they be place for work?” he asked looking at the guards after saying it.

 

“ The mines will do I suppose. Now get out of my site with those filthy children.” A man in his fifties said, going back to his conversation with the other men at the table. Suddenly the guards advanced towards them. The girls then knew that they were in deep trouble. As much as they fought they couldn’t break free of the guards. They now stood in chains from the wrists and ankles. They were being led towards the back of the camp.

 

“ Were not miners! Let us go!” Thearsa yelled loudly. The guards ignored her and continued to march them towards the mines. They were shoved into the mines and given either picks or shovels and told to start working.

 

Days went by in pretty mush the same way. The girls had devised a plan to escape the mines and to find a way back to their parents.

 

After the chains were removed Raisha started the first faze of their plan. She pretended to faint. The guards approached her with caution. When one of them bent down to inspect her the other attacked the other guards. Raisha head butted the guard leaning over her and sat up.

 

“ Man that hurt more than I thought.” She exclaimed. Thearsa pulled her to her feet and they started towards the entrance of the mine. Several guards were leading some other children out of the mines. They hid until the guards were out of sight.

 

The girls carefully crept out of the mine and into the forest nearby. They ran until they were out of breath and dehydrated. Miyu slumped under the shade of the nearest tree. She fell into a restless sleep.

 

“ Do you think that they saw us leave?” Thearsa asked, joining Miyu on the ground. The other girls shook their heads. None of them know. The other three joined Thearsa and Miyu.

 

A sound awoke Miyu and Raisha from their restless sleep. They both looked around and saw a semi-large group of men watching them. One walked towards them.

 

“ Great to see that at least two of you are awake. I am Santos and my men and me are positive that you lot have escaped from the     slave camp not far from here. Am I right?” he asked looking from one girl to the other. Miyu nodded and tried to talk.

 

“ Yesp yourz wrightz. Canx I plesz havz a zrinkk?” Santos called one of the men to bring some water bottles over. The girls drank until their throats were better.

 

“ Thank you. We feel much better.” Raisha said.

 

“ Do you lot live near here?” Santos asked, handing Raina a water bottle. Miyu and Raisha nodded together.

 

“ OK. Will you be alright if we leave some food and water with you?” he asked. Again they nodded.

 

At first light Santos and his men left the girls and continued towards the slave camp. The girls started towards their original campsite. They reached it and saw that their parents had come by and found their stuff.

 

When they got home they were greeted by many howls from the towns’ dogs. The towns’ people came running out to see what the entire racket was. Their parents hugged and kissed until the girls were gasping for breath. The girls told the towns’ people where they were taken and the towns’ people went to destroy it. The girls still laugh about it until this very day.

THE END

© 2010 Bryanna - QueenStephni


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2010
Last Updated on February 9, 2010