The Friend

The Friend

A Story by larry

When I was in the fourth grade, on a hot, April day, I was walking towards the swing set. I then see her and another sixth grader. I timidly walk closer to the swing set. The one with shoulder length layered black dyed hair and eyeliner named Maddie, said for me to come over and not be scared. She then started saying how cute I was. She and I then were inseparable throughout recesses for the rest of the year. When I was called in, she would carry me on her back to get to the line. I loved her like an older sister. She was in sixth grade of course, and when the next school year came, I always walked over to the same spot I first saw her. I sat there every day. Waiting. Waiting to be older and forget. But I never did forget. I now remember first meeting her, and still wearing the bracelet she gave me three years ago, oily and pure black now, never taken off, I know now that a bond like that doesn't ever just fade away. It is set into our hearts until death. If the girl whom I'm writing about sees this, just let me say that you are like the sister I never had. You were (and still are) my big pancake.
Laura out.

© 2016 larry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am so delighted by your wild-a*s inventiveness in telling a story. I swear, sometimes I get so bored with the predictable romance & friendship that often gets told over & over. Your writing is a breath of fresh air. It makes me want to write something that's totally unexpected like this. The parts I love most are carrying on her back to get to the line (unusual & visual) & "my big pancake" (fresh words of affection). I believe this is just any everyday story that actually happened, yet you've elevated it with your original observations described in unexpected ways.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 7, 2016
Last Updated on April 7, 2016

Author

larry
larry

overland park, KS



Writing
One Day One Day

A Poem by larry


Letting Go. Letting Go.

A Poem by larry