Eliza

Eliza

A Story by Queen Apocalypse
"

A little sad self-indulgent story. Non-fiction narrative told in a story format.

"
    Her dress was white, contrasting deeply to the black hair that cascaded down her back and to her hips. She was beautiful. Simply angelic. Never in my life had I ever seen a girl so beautiful, so graceful, so full of hope. She was hope. In every sense of the word. From the way her spirit billowed and flowed out of her smile to the way each word slid from her lips in a soft calming motion. Eyes of pure green, they shown like the pale froth that lapped at the shore as the tide rolled in. Each time she spoke they sparkled with an intensity so bright and so warm it consumed you. I loved her.

   Not like any other before or after her time. I loved her but I couldn't have her. She wasn't meant for anybody to have. Slipping through my fingers like sand, I could only watch. I remember still as her figure could be seen gliding in the air and falling, plummeting into the water as her soul broke free of the cage of sadness that was her body and went on to the beyond. My heart dropped deep into my stomach, a burning hole left in its wake. I couldn't save her, but that's not what she wanted.

    I remember the wind slapping against her face, as if trying to convince her to step off the bridge and come back into my arms. But she couldn't be fazed by the hair slipping against her face. I knew I shouldn't find beauty in it but I can't help it. Especially when it's her. The girl who I sat on the roof with, watching as our breath mingled up into the sky, creating a pattern of white. The girl who I laughed with, hushing the sounds of our giggles so we couldn't be caught in the early morning where the sun didn't dare to dip out from it's hiding place deep beneath the Earth. The girl who's hand I held as tears streamed down my face and I cried. The girl who was now falling into the sea, never to utter a word again.

    Those last breath she takes can still be seen. The words that left her lips still heard in my dreams. "Because if you hold on, pain ends. I promise."

    They haunt my thoughts. And as she fell I remember my tears falling in perfect time. Connected forever in a sacred bond of hope, love, and trust. And when I saw the smile that lined her face and the tears that framed her eyes I knew that she would forever be my angel.

© 2015 Queen Apocalypse


Author's Note

Queen Apocalypse
I hope you enjoy! feedback needed! Please give me as much feedback on this as possible!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You write very well and it's very beautiful put.
Don't stop writing! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Queen Apocalypse

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! It means a lot and I'm happy you enjoyed!
Wow I literally cried reading this you write so beautifully. So much imagery and emotion and amazing vocab. I'm going to have to read more of your work. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Queen Apocalypse

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 9, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2015
Tags: Suicide, sadness, Erik Satie, Soft, beautiufl, death, dying, emo, depression, loss, suicidal, sad, angst, romance, love, best friend

Author

Queen Apocalypse
Queen Apocalypse

MD



About
Hi, so I'm generally pretty shy in all honesty! I love to read and write and umm that's about all I can tell you! more..

Writing
Paper Paper

A Chapter by Queen Apocalypse